73rd hunger games

"Now of course, I'm not allowed knowledge of what the arena contains, I am allowed to assume," Flaxe tells me as she adjusts my outfit. 

The outfit of which consists of some cargo green shorts, that barely make is passed my ass. It contains multiple loops around the shorts themselves, which I have guessed are to hold weapons. My top was a tank top, that was white. I assume the only purpose for it being white is to allow any blood to show up much easier, to excite the audience, and make other tributes.  It's more logical than they get credit for. If a predator sees an already weakened prey it makes their job just that much easier, making them more likely to go for the kill. 

My hair has thrown up into a high ponytail, which was Flaxes doing. 

My shoes were some that I had never seen before. They were definitely not up to date with the Capitol's fashion, although none of this outfit was. They have a rather 'grippy' base, or that's what Flaxe told me. I'm guessing they'll benefit me at some other point in the game. 

Next Flaxe gives me my token. We are each permitted to bring a token to the game, it is allowed to represent our district and remind us of home. However, a token can be confiscated if it breaks the rules, such as giving a tribute an advantage. 

My token is a silly little friendship bracelet. It's fashioned out of old twine and has three simple colour: grey, baby blue and aquatic blue. It's battered and bruised, as it's nearly ten years old. Finnick and I made them for each other when we were little. His contains the same colour, although mine is off better quality as he was better with his hands. 

I smile as Flaxe puts it on, I'm glad that I'll have a piece of Finnick with me in the games. I know he has his on as he is watching from home, and that makes me feel all the more better. 

"Good backstory?" Flaxe asks with a smile as she finishes adjusting it. 

I just nod. 

Once Flaxe is done with that she slathers my body in sun screen. I knew what this was. We tended to use this frequently in District 4, we get a LOT of sun. And more times then not end up returning home with a sun burn. Most of the time it's just red skin, but depending on how long you are in the sun it can get worse. 

"I'm not supposed to be giving you this," she says frantically as she rubs it in, "but it is going to help you".

I should thank her, but I don't seem to be able to get the words out. 

I never imagined my life would end at fifteen. I know we have to live with the hunger games, but I never thought I would have to be involved in them. I imagined I'd live a content life at home, not being able to marry the man I truly loved, but settle for a lovely Sailor boy. We'd have a few kids, have a house down near the docks, maybe foster some chickens. 

But I guess not. Someone needs to be sacrificed for the benefit of others. And that someone was me. I'm just glad it was me and not my sister. I just regret not being able to see her grow up, to not tell the man I love that I love him. 

Another warning rings out, warning us we only have ten seconds before we are placed within the arena. It begins to count down 10...9...8...

Flaxe throws the bottle of sun screen aside and takes me in her arms. 

"I'm counting on you Y/N, the girl from 4". 

3..

She lets go of me standing back, whilst still holding onto my hand, a tear escapes my eye as the fear really starts to kick in. 

2..

She lets go of my hand. 

1.. 

I am enclosed in a tube, shutting me off from her, sealing my fate once and for all.