Interview

We've been at the Capitol for a few days now, and it is now the night before we are sent into the Games like a pig for slaughter. 

Tonight is the night of the interview. 

We have all been dressed in new attire, that still continues to represent our District. 

My dress is all wavy and from the waist down goes from a lighter shade of blue to dark. Flaxe called it an Ombre effect. The top half doesn't have any straps, and the breastplate is a seafoam white. This dress is to represent our shores. My shoes are meant to represent the sand. I have just been given some beige coloured heels. 

Nothing too over the top, which I am pleased about. 

We all stand back stage, waiting on our names to be announced. Our interviewer Caesar Flickerman interviews one member from one district at a time. Starting with the males first.  

They start with District One first. 

I don't pat attention to anyone's interview. As Finnick said, it's better not to make attachments to the other tributes. If I don't care about them, it'll make it ever so slightly easier if I have to kill them. 

But when they announce Castor's name, I decide to listen. 

He makes his way on to stage, making sure to pay attention to the audience as he does so. Winking at individuals on the way, and grinning the whole time. 

Caesar stands up as he makes his way over and extends his hand. "Castor Port, a lovely high scoring victor. How are you doing this evening?" he asks with a huge smile on his face. 

Castor grabs his hand and begins to shake it, he returns the smile, "Not too bad Caesar, not too bad at all, I can't complain about the treatment we've been getting at the Capitol,". 

The crowd starts to cheer for him. 

The treatment here hasn't been awful, he's not been wrong. We've been lavished in goods, fancy food that most District's wouldn't have know what to do with. Excellent hospitality, besides the Avoxs. Of course, they are polite and do as they are directed. But it is just so depressing to see them. It is not fair how they are forced into this life. 

"And yourself?" he continues.

"Excited to see how the games are going to turn out!" He yells towards the audience, causing them to erupt in cheers and howls. 

Caesar has to get them to calm down before he continues  the interview. 

"What should we expect out of Y/N?" Caesar asks. 

They mention of my names catches me off guard. 

I know we come from the same district, and that forms some sense of unity. But in some past Games there have been tributes know to kill people from their District in order to win. So, we have no alliance so far. 

Castor widens his smile even more, which makes the crowd go wild. 

"She's... something else, that's for sure," he takes a sigh and looks back at me, " I am going to do everything I can to protect her,". 

I stand there absolutely baffled. Since when? I decide it's best just to go along with it as I beam from the side of the stage. 

"Is this the beginning of a tragic love story I sense?" Caesar asks beginning to giggle at the end. 

Castor doesn't reply, as he just laughs it off. 

This makes the crowd go ballistic, and it takes a bit for Caesar to calm them down this time. 

Caesar stands up from his seat, and Castor copies him. They say their goodbyes and Castor is told to run to the other tributes and stand with them. 

Caesar makes some commentary about the conversation he just had before my name gets announced over the speakers. 

"Y/N L/N," comes booming down. 

I begin to walk onto stage, making sure to walk as delicately as possible. I follow Castor's suit and make sure to wave to the audience, as I also do to the camera, with a school girl grin across my face. 

I make my way towards Caesar, as he stands to greet me. 

He takes my hand delicately in his, and lifts it to kiss it. I give a small giggle. 

He motions for us to sit, and as we do the crowd slowly calms down.

"You, yourself got a high score in the independent session," he laughs, "are you the one we have to look out for?" he makes a silly sideways glance. 

I giggle again, "Oh no, I'm not even sure how I did that," I end with an innocent smile.

"We all watched your reaping, you seem quite shocked," he bellowed, " as you were walking up, we saw you might have been looking at a special someone. Can you tell us who that was?" he asks. 

I look straight into the camera, as if making direct eye contact with Finnick. I think it's wiser to not mention him. Especially due to the storyline Castor is trying to sell. Mentioning Finnick would throw that all off, he would understand. 

"My little sister," I reply, pulling a sad face, "It was her first reaping". 

Caesar awes as the audience join in. 

"You must love her dearly," he says whilst placing a hand over his heart. 

I look him directly in the eyes, making sure mine are as sorrowful as possible, "With all my heart," I reply. 

"I'm going to try and win this... For her. I love you Y/S/N". 

Caesar stands up, and I follow him, he grabs my hand one more time and kisses it goodbye. 

I make my way over next to the other tributes, and stand next to Castor. 

He grabs my hand for another time. 

Before the next tribute is called, Caesar looks dead to the camera and gushes over me. "How sweet," he finishes with. 

[ word count: 985 ]