Heiress 18: Breaking Down

Heiress 28

Lavalee's POV

*ROAR

I woke up in the middle of the night when I heard Mnemosyne's roar. I sat up and Mnemosyne ran to my bedside so I tapped her head lightly and caressed her fur.

"What is it girl?" I asked and she ran to the door so I opened it and followed Mnemosyne out of my room

We went downstairs and I saw Jace entering the door. He seemed surprised to see me awake.

"Hey." My forehead knotted when I saw he has a bandage on his shoulder.

"What happened to you?" I asked him

"This is nothing." He shove off so I walked near him and pinched it earning a glare and groan from him

"Nothing, huh?" I said sarcastically

Mnemosyne sat on the side of the sofa while looking at Jace so I tapped her head.

"Go back to our room, Mnemosyne." She whimpered at my oreder but when I tapped it again twice she ran back upstairs.

"Your wound should get treated." I said but he shook his head that confused me

Don't tell me he'd let his ego get the best of him?

"Don't mind it." He said so I pulled him to the couch and took the first aid from the kitchen.

"Wag ka na mag-abala." He said and I rolled my eyes at him

"Let me see it." I said and removed the bandage

"Who the fuck did this?" I asked him and he shook his head

"Press this on your bruises." I told him and gave him a cloth with ice inside

"Don't bother." He said but I took out an alcohol and sanitized my hand before holding a cotton ball and started cleaning it.

I prepared a basin of warm water and I'm using it to clean his wound.

"Where did you get this?" I asked while cleaning

"I told you – I need to know to do the right treatment." I cut him off and glared at him

"Just a small fight during an investigation." He said and I raised my brow at him

"Small fight, huh? Two wounds probably from bullets and several bruise. Liar." I said and rolled my eyes at him

"Two wo – your left shoulder and right side of your stomach is bleeding." I cut what his was asking and pointed at the wounds I'm reffering to.

He looked at his bleeding wound and groaned in pain when he suddenly moved.

"Take your shirt off." I ordered him and he looked at me like I'm crazy.

Oh please. I'm so used with treating people, even a guy's build and abs won't bother me anymore. I'm professional in treating wounds.

"What? – Or you want that to get infected?" I cut him off again and he did, he removed his shirt so I managed to clean his wounds.

I placed a disinfectant liquid on a clean cotton ball and pressed it lightly on his wound. I needed to blew it lightly to remove the stingin sensation, I know the feeling of the sting, it's irritating and painful.

"Bakit marunong ka manggamot?" he asked me

"Because of my siblings." I replied keeping my focus on treating his wounds.