Heiress 39: Setting Up

Heiress 39

Lavalee's POV

We've been here for five months now and a lot happened. In almost two weeks well, I'd be turning eighteen which means I have to do my duties as the Lady of the Hanazaki Palace.

I managed to regain my title a week after the Mr. and Ms. Intrams, I joined the underground games and won consecutively then during the announcement of my new status ranking, I admitted that I lost my rights as a Lady of the Hanazaki Palace, Nii-sama was looking at me intently and suddenly lots of red dots pointed to me but a council member pointed out that I may have been demoted from my rank but since I joined the Underground Games and had already undergo the Palace Punishments, I have regained my title, this time I'm not just some Lady of the Hanazaki Palace, I am Lady Venus of the Hanazaki Mafia Palace and Lady Flame to the Hanazaki Yakuza Empire. Even though I lost my status when I regained it I gained a higher status. Those red dots were from assassins who are tasked to assassinate me since I'm assassinating other assassins too.

Currently, I'm watching the preparations on the garden. Ethan and Elijah asked for our help for the surprise they are planning for Chelsea and Irene. I sent the two a diversion that I hope would work but I already have a hunch that it won't.

"Hey." I looked back and I saw Jace

"Hey. You're not busy?" I asked him and he shook his head

"No assignment or investigation?" I queried and he crossed his arms and leaned on the wall beside me

"You know that's confidential." He told me with narrowing eyes

"But I helped you solve one." I reminded him and sipped from my champagne

"Still my work's confidential and that was because you're stubborn." He said

I was watching the preparations on the garden from the huge glass here in the second floor so I was a little startled when I saw Irene and Chelsea running up here. I looked at Jess from the glass and she shook her head meaning the girls saw the preparation already. It was supposedly a surprise for the two but it seems that our diversions didn't work that well.

I expected it actually, knowing that it's Irene and Chelsea working on the project they can finish it within a day and unfortunately they arrived too early, we must've underestimated them too much for giving them 24 hours.

I placed the glass of champagne on the small table and looked at Jace who walked downstairs.

"Lavalee! Come with us." Chelsea and Irene both pulled me inside my room.

"Uh? Hey, what's up?" I asked and they looked at me

"May alam ka sa plano ni Jess?" Chelsea asked and I tilted my head on her

"Plan? You mean the plan for your dates with Ethan and Elijah?" I clarified

"Mismo." Irene replied

"Yeah. They asked for my permission." I answered earning skeptical look from them

"What? Pinayagan mo ang mga ugok na yun?" Di makapaniwalang tanong ni Irene

"Why shouldn't I?" I asked them

"Because we're bounded by rules of our world?" Irene asked me so I looked at her like she's kidding.

Irene never wanted to get reminded of the fact that we're bounded by the law of the underground, so why is she bringing that up now?

Oh wait. I think I know why. These girls.