Chapter - D

Shehnaaz Kapoor

We arrived at his home. Oh no sorry mansion. I thought. Dad presses the doorbell, after a few minutes door opens and I saw a young girl around my age standing in front of us. She welcomed us then I hear the voice of a lady, she introduces herself as Sidharth's Mother. Who is Sidharth? My thoughts were broken by the girl who approaches me as her bhabhi.
Bhabhi...I repeat that word in my mind.

We all sitting in their living room. I am listening to everyone's talk.

Then a boy comes to me, he is around my and Niya's age and he introduces himself as Kushal, according to him, he's my brother-in-law.

Wow about last night I curse myself that why I don't die with my mother and feel like I don't even have a family after her but now look they all introduce themselves to like my new family Niya, Kushal, and Rita aunty.

But where is he ?....

Ahh. I shake my head trying to stop myself from thinking about him.

Bhabhi, Bhai will be here at any minute. Niya told me with a teasing smile. I just smile nervously. And negatively nodded to her, try to tell her that I am not looking for him. I lied.. nervously. She smiled start listening to her mother talk.

It's been a while suddenly Niya said...

Maa, may I take shehnaaz Bhabhi to show my room? She asked her excitedly and Rita aunty nodded happily to her.

Come bhabhi I'll show you my room...Niya said.

Niya and I go upstairs to her room.
After entering her room she's showing me her trophies, certificates, drawings, etc. She is telling me her school stories, college Stories, and childhood stories. It's been a while we were in her room.

Come bhabhi let's go downstairs everyone's waiting for us and Bhai is for you...Niya said in a teasing tone.

After entering the living room, I saw his back. He's talking to dad he didn't even bear me look. Rude.

Niya makes me sit in front of him. Ahh why Niya. I thought

After Niya and Kushal sit each side of me and starts talking. I am just listening and take a glance at him.

He's handsome, looking like a guy from my step-mother's magazines that she's used to reading. Model kind of, he's wearing a simple black jean and purple full sleeve t-shirt. Wow....ahh stop it shehnaaz don't think like a sick lover from those love stories...
My thoughts break by Niya's question.

Bhabhi who's your favorite from both of us?

I saw both of them like dumbfounded.
Then I smiled and take one hand of each. And give smile to both of them.
They quickly hug me tightly and kiss me on each cheek. I blush pink and saw him looking at me with a poker face. I smiled, but he ignores me and starts talking to my dad.

I feel the pinch in my heart when he ignores me.

But why?....

After that Kushal and Niya take me to the kitchen I see Rita aunty is preparing something when she saw and ask me to come near her I slowly move to her shyly she's showing me Halwa that was made by herself.

After listening there chitchat Rita aunty said. Lunch is ready Bachha let's go.

Then she called everyone.

After lunch, pandit Ji arrived and Rita aunty discusses a suitable and early date for the wedding.

Behanji after 2 weeks there a suitable day for a wedding and then after 2 years.
Panditji said with a smile

No no Panditji after 2 weeks is perfectly fine.. my dad said in between Rita aunty and pundit Ji. Rita aunty smiled and nodded to him and said.

What you think Sidharth Beta ?....
He just nods in positively.

Ji Panditji after 2 weeks is confirmed now. Rita aunty said with a smile.
And everyone starts talking and discussing the wedding.

I am sitting dumbfounded,
what just in 2 weeks. I am going to marry him.
I want to cry but I can't I remember what dad said earlier. So I control myself.

And starts thinking again.

It seems like a dream to me. I don't want to forget that this marriage is JUST A DEAL.... for HIM and my so-called parents.

SIDHARTH so that's his name. I thought.

Sidharth..............
.

********************
.
.
.

Thank you so much and giving me those sweet comments. I love you all and you all are very precious to me.
.
.

Thank you for Reading.
.
Please do follow your writer for more stories.
.
Please do Vote and Comment which makes me smile all the time.
.
Share.
.
Love.
.
Koko Rao