Chapter 3

Rajat Swani as Kabir's assistant Mishra

Author's note: I want to thank everyone who read the book and the one who voted for it

Author's note: I want to thank everyone who read the book and the one who voted for it. I hope you're enjoying it. Vote, comment and share.                                                                                        Lots of love, Maya.

Kabir's pov

My head was throbbing. It was aching so much. The smell of disinfectant invaded my nostrils. Where am I? I thought. I slowly opened my eyes and quickly shut them when the light coming from the window hit me.

I reopened my eyes, squinting in an attempt to sharpen the blurred images before me. I looked around and found myself surrounded by unfamiliar white walls. The pain in my head intensified, and I was about to bring my hand to my head, when I noticed a drip on my hand. So I glanced around another time and realized that I was in a hospital ward. I then remembered the ambulance's siren I heard before passing out.

Soon after a middle aged nurse came in.

"Hey you, how're you doing?"she asked with a simple smile.

"I have seen better days." I admitted.

"Oh! You'll be fine again very soon, boy. Now let me do some basic check-ups." She picked the thermometer and checked my temper and then my blood-pressure.

At that moment the Doctor entered the room. "Hello, Mr. Sharma, I'm Dr. Joshi." I greeted him back. "How are you feeling now?"

"Just a little headache."

"Oh that's normal, don't worry about that." He then addressed the nurse and they had their talk.

"So, Mr. Sharma, while you were unconscious, I ran some tests. The results will come in a few hours, if it's all good you can go home. The nurse will give you the discharge instructions."

I nodded my head. "Ok. Can you also give me the bill?"

"You don't need to worry about that. All the paperwork and the bill are taken care of by an anonymous donor." He then gave me a paper and after seeing confusion on my face he specified "This is your medicines prescription. Remember to take them on time and come next week for the last check up."

I took the prescription from his hand and thanked him. After that he left the ward followed by the nurse.

Who paid my bill? And the main question: who called the ambulance? I thought once I was alone in the room.

I kept thinking about it, and then realized that I had to go to the police station to report Neha's death.

As promised, a few hours later I was able to leave the hospital. I took a taxi and went to my office.

As expected, my assistant, Mishra, was there waiting for me.

"Jai hind, sir" he said with a salut.

"Jai hind" I answered back.

"Sir, I have some bad news to tell you. Our colleague Neha was killed yesterday ."

Shit! I didn't even realize that it had passed this much time.

"I know, I was at the crime scene."

"Oh. So where were you sir? Did you arrest the culprit?"

"No. But I got to meet the suspect."

"Who, sir?"

"Vansh Raisinghania."

That shocked him as much as it did shock me when I got to know his name.

"Oh. Him?"

"Exactly."