Time is Ticking

🌧️BARSHA🌧️

🌧️BARSHA🌧️
.

He was standing still in the middle of the hospital lobby. Looking at a vague distance, he seems very sad and lost.
As I touched his shoulders, he turned and hugged me , tightly.
As if I am going somewhere.
He squeezed his face at my neck space.
I hugged him back and tried to understand his feelings.

Me~ what is it Darsh.. is everything alright? What's going on?
He kept on hugging me. People at the hospital started staring at us but I don't care. Usually Darshan is a bit shy type person. So this kind of action is not his cup of tea, still....

Me~ let's go inside hmm? Reena told me to meet Gaurav today. Your reports are out. Let's go and see hmm?

He loosen his grip, I saw his face, his eyes. Yeah...! He was about to cry but somehow managed himself. I wanted to ask but I thought it's must be something about him and Mehak.
D~ Let's go. His wet voice shook my heart for a moment.
.....
We talked and laughed with Rishab for a while...Jiya introduced Kunal to Siddharth. Darshan shook hands with him which seems they already know each other.
After a while Gaurav called us, only me and Darshan.
Holding my heart and darshan's hand, I faced Dr.Jain.
He told this and that about Rishab then....
Dr.~ Rishab is a very strong kid. I am impressed. So I would suggest to go ahead with the operation.

The word 'operation' gave me a chilling fear all of a sudden.

B~ itni jaldi?? He is a kid.. Will he able to  handle an operation?

Dr.~ Barsha.. brain cancers are very critical and fast spreading. We can't wait much longer than this. We did whatever we had to , now the only step is left is the operation.

Darshan tightened his grip and gave me comfort.

Me~ okay.. do whatever feels right.. just save my kid. Please Gaurav.

Dr.~ I will Barsha.. I will... I know your fear and it's pretty normal.. still.. let me tell you... The success rate of this operation is 50-50. It's a brain tumor operation. It has risks. But I will do the operation along with my best surgeons. You do not worry.

I knew the risk. I knew that he is in danger, but, I don't have any choice. I can't be weak now. No.
Me~ when you will do the operation then?

Dr.~ Within a month.

I took a deep breathe...

Me~ Reena said that you have Darshan's reports too.

Dr. ~ Yes.. but for that, I would like to talk with him.. alone.