Related By Heart

⚡ DARSHAN⚡
.
I looked at the front mirror. Jiya is holding Rishab in her lap. He is sleeping. Tired silence was all over inside the car. Barsha was looking outside the car.
You should put some medicine on it. My voice sounded like I am talking infront of a mic. Even if my voice was low but it sounded loud because of the silence in the car.
She looked at me, I bet she couldn't even realized that her foot got cut.
Your feet. It got scratches. She took a look at her feet and gave a small nod.
.....
You go inside, take him. I am coming. Barsha said to Jiya. This is my first time seeing Jiya this much silent. She didn't say a word from the moment we found Rishab. Jiya took Rishab in her arms and went inside. We stepped out from the car.
I was having a feeling that Barsha have something to talk with me.
Thank you. Though it's a mere word for whatever you did today. But... I am just out of words. Darshan. Her face is expressing thousands of emotions. As if she just ran through a huge storm.
It's okay. I can understand. I didn't know what else I could have replied.
Jiya....Jiya is like his second mother. Out of nowhere, she started taking about Jiya.
I know, she loves Rishab more than me Darshan. Now I get it. She is telling me these because I yelled at her.
You know, at time of Rishab's delivery, I got stuck at my shitty job. Jiya was there. She had an interview but she didn't give a shit about that and went to the hospital with Jij. When I managed to visit to the hospital and went inside Di's room, I saw Jiya was holding Rishab. She had tears. Happy tears. I was listening and guilt started taking over in my heart.
I failed Rishab a lot of times. After I lost Di ... And Jij. When I was in my denial phase, Jiya took care of him. Actually I kinda abandoned Rishab out of fear and pain. She stopped for a minute.
I am sorry. I didn't know. That's all I could say.
No.. no Darshan. You don't have to feel bad about it. You didn't know. But I thought you should know. After all today you have become a very important person to me. I don't know why but my heart fluttered.
Darshan? My heart started beating, rapidly. This never happened before. Today you saved Me , also Jiya. Thank you. She wrapped her arms around me , gave a soft , light hug. I realised how relieved she is right now. But on the other hand, my hands fixed with mine, I tried to hug her back, but couldn't.
It was a very short and quick hug. She managed her limit between us even while hugging I felt that.
Before leaving she said good night!.
I didn't say anything. I couldn't. In a time like this, where I should say something, my senses just stop working. Like a stupid Idiot failure of the century, I returned to my place.
................
.
🌧️BARSHA🌧️
.
Jiya was stroking Rishab's hair, slowly. She saw me. Tears started flowing automatically from her eyes. I sat beside her, wiped her tears.
I.. am sorry she whispered. I...she was about to say something but I didn't let her. Stupid girl. I hugged her. I can tolerate every madness except tears.
Sssshhhh.. stop crying, see ! he is fine. I patted her back.
He could have been hurt . Mr.Raval is right. I am Useless, Pathetic.
I grabbed her shoulders.
Jiya. You are everything to us. Without you, we are Nothing. Stop crying stupid.
It took me half an hour to stop her from crying. She may not related to us by blood, but her love is stronger than any blood relation.
.....
[Next Morning]
.
✍️ AUTHOR'S VIEW ✍️
.
He moved away the curtains to let the sunrises come into his study. He closed his eyes and felt the morning warmth infront the window. He is feeling different today. Feeling good you can say. After ages, without any reason, there is a mild smile on his face. He opened the window. A cool slow breeze along with the fragrances of jasmine hit his senses. Today, Morning is very beautiful.
..
He dialled a number. After ringing for few seconds, a tired voice responded.

Hi. Sir.

Darshan started feeling bad now. Previously he didn't like her continuous babbling, but this is even worse. Her happy chirpy face is even better than this.

Hello Jiya.

Jiya couldn't understand what should she say.

I wanted to say something.

Yes.Sir. I am listening.

Without any hesitation, Darshan said...

I am sorry. I am sorry Jiya. Forgive me. I got scared yesterday. I shouldn't have said those things. I am really really sorry Ms.Dutt.

A veeerrrrry long pause.
Jiya checked the number. She got stunned.

Jiya? You there?

Ummm..Sir. I think you should take care of yourself. I mean, you shouldn't be drinking in the morning.

Darshan smiled.

I am not drinking. I am serious. I really am sorry.

Yeah yeah okay. FINE. Please stop saying sorry. It's awkward. I mean it's really weird to hear the word sorry from you.

Okay then. Take care.

You too.

He disconnected the call. After the conversation, he couldn't control but to giggle. He started thinking every thing. Jiya's stupidity, Rishab's face, and the hug.
He held his chest and felt the heart, which is beating. Today it's beating for a reason. Today it's actually making him feel good.

 Today it's actually making him feel good