f i f t y - s e v e n

M o n d a y

October 20

12:41 p.m.

Your POV

I stand in front of the house, staring at the people on the inside. My hand tightens around the plastic bags in my hand, sticking to my fingers. The last time I was here the house was on the verge of getting put up for auction. I guess that jump was worth it.

"Excuse me, miss?" a silvery voice calls.

I turn my head to see an average height woman, I can't help but think how beautiful she looks. Her hair is pulled back with a few stray curls hanging. I scan my eyes to her shoes and back up. She looks like a reporter or photographer. I notice the large professional-like camera hanging from her neck.

"Yes?" I respond, facing her.

The woman looks at me with a shocked expression. She takes a few steps closer to me, her low heeled shoes thudding against the sidewalk cement. Her black trench coat gently flows side to side with her steps.

"Y/N?" She asks.

"How do you know my name?" I ask.

"It's me, Y/N," She says.

I tilt my head at her, drawing my eyes over her face. I tilt my head to the other side as an attempt to try and remember where I've seen her. She looks a little familiar. I stand up straight and look at her with a sigh. Her eyes look familiar, and her voice. Her voice sounds so much like someone I knew.

"I'm sorry, I don't remember you," I tell her.

The woman gives a sympathetic look and turns away towards the house. The low sunlight lightens her dark complexion, giving a glow to her face. She looks back to me and gives a smile, showing off her dimples.

"You don't remember me, do you? It's me, Star," She says.

"Star?" I repeat, in disbelief.

Star nods her head with a shy smile. A wave of old memories I thought I had forgotten flood into my mind. I look her up and down again, taking a longer look at Star. She's changed.

"Wow, I-I didn't recognize you," I say.

"You got tall," I tease.

Star chuckles and rolls her eyes.

"You've grown too. I've seen you up on all those big stages, with the big shots," Star smiles.

I scoff in embarrassment, looking towards the street. I lift my head to Star, our eyes meet. They're just as beautiful as I remember. Her eyes still hold that fire in them, fire deep inside those deep, rich, eyes that I loved so much.

"Why don't we head in, I'm sure there are some people that want to see you," Star smiles.

I nod my head and follow her up the stone steps. A feeling of anxiety floods in with a wave of memories, I inhale deeply as Star unlocks the wooden door. The color looks a lot darker and cleaner than the last time I was here. I follow behind Star as she walks into the house. The faint sound of a video playing from another room can be heard from the entrance.

"Star's home!" I hear a child squeak.

I look towards the stairs that are not far from the front entrance. I notice the bashful smile on Star's face. The thudding beats of multiple footsteps running can be heard from above. I chuckle, feeling nostalgic.

"Follow me," Star says, walking and going towards the kitchen.

I kick off my shoes before walking any further into the house. The linoleum kitchen floor makes my feet feel like they are on ice.