f o r t y - n i n e

5:21 p.m.

Yoongi's POV

The sun is now setting, casting a golden orange glow into the apartment. Everything looks so tiny from up here. All the people walking by on the street look like little bugs crawling along the dirt. I turn around and see Y/N come out of her room. By the look on her face and how tense she looks, anyone would be able to tell that she is trying to be like a mouse. Quiet. Y/N puts her index finger to her lips, her way of telling me to be quiet. Tiptoeing her way over, Y/N sits down on her couch. I follow and sit beside her.

"How is he?" I ask.

Y/N sighs, "He's okay, he's asleep" she says.

"That's good," I say.

Y/N quietly mumbles a 'yeah' and rubs her forehead. I look at her, thinking back to an hour ago, remembering the look in her eyes when she entered the situation. The smiley and playful aura disappeared once she saw her friend and his ex-lover. I would be lying to myself if I said I wasn't worried and scared for what was going to happen. The difference between Y/N and the other guy was visible. Yet, she did not hesitate to protect her friend. That's the scariest I've seen her. . . and the fiercest. I think. I notice how Y/N is slowly opening and closing her right hand with a pain filled expression.

"Give me your hand," I tell her.

Y/N looks at me with a raised eyebrow and a questioning look. I nudge my hand towards her. Y/N gives me her right hand. That's swollen, I notice the redness on her knuckles. There is a small cut on her middle knuckle.

"Where's your first aid kit?" I ask.

"Uh, I don't have one," Y/N chuckles.

"Why not?" I ask.

Y/N shrugs, "No need".

"Besides," she says, getting up from the couch.

"This just needs to be wrapped, I'll be fine," Y/N explains, showing her right hand again.

I stare blankly at Y/N as she walks off towards the kitchen area. For a split second, she looks like an angel. When she walks through the sunlight, it seemed as if she was a fallen angel. I watch as she opens a cabinet and moves whatever is inside around. The sound of shuffles and rattles play. Y/N puffs her cheeks out and sighs. I get up from the couch and stand beside her.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Nothing, it's higher than I remember putting it," Y/N tells me.

I'm confused but I look into the cabinet and see what she is talking about. On the top shelf there is a box of convent store brand gauze wraps. Shortie I think, grabbing the box. I turn around and Y/N runs into me. I look down at her, she is looking at me. We are awfully close to each other. Y/N takes a step back and holds out her hand.

"I can do it," She tells me, looking away.

I scoff, thinking how funny Y/N is with her "tough guy" act.

"Go sit down, I'll do it," I say.

Your POV

This hurts more than I remember. I hiss in pain as Yoongi puts the antibiotic cream on my knuckle cut.

"Sorry," Yoongi apologizes.

"Not your fault," I say.

Yoongi screws the cap back on the ointment and puts it down on the floor. He opens the box of gauzes and takes out a roll, placing the box beside the ointment. Once again Yoongi takes my hand, this time wrapping the white material over my knuckles. I should be doing this myself and yet he is doing for me. I'm the one that punched a guy and Yoongi is the one taking care of my wound. I stare at Yoongi as he continues to wrap my knuckles.