f o r t y - t h r e e

Spectator's POV

Seokjin, Jimin, Jungkook, Yoongi, and Y/N leave the dorms and arrive at the entertainment building. The five make their ways to the studio, Yoongi splitting off from them to his studio. The rest of the members follow Y/N into her studio. The faint smell of coffee swims freely in the studio.

"Y/N, are you sure about this?" Jimin asks, concerned for her.

"We can just do it with the three of us, you don't need to if you don't want to," Jimin adds.

Y/N stops typing on her keyboard and turns to Jimin. Her arms crossed, giving off an intimidating aura.

"It sounds like you don't want me to," Y/N says.

"No-no it's not that it's just," Jimin trails off, searching for the right words.

The other two members roam their eyes around the studio. Thinking of a way to make things less awkward. Y/N let's out a small chuckle.

"I'm pulling your tail," She says, cracking a smile.

Jimin lets out a sigh of relief, breathing out a weak laugh. The heat rises to his cheeks in embarrassment.

"Oh, okay," He weakly replies, rubbing the back of his neck.

"But, if you don't want me on the song, I understand," Y/N announces.

"No!" All three of the members shout in unison.

Y/N's eyes widen from the answer, not expecting all of them to reply.

"I mean, everytime we sing together, in a sense, it feels like we are missing something," Jungkook informs Y/N.

Already hearing something similar from Jimin this morning. Y/N still can't seem to wrap her mind around how something could be missing. It doesn't make sense, her mind can't compute.

"I don't see how something could be missing," Y/N speaks.

"I've heard you three sing this together, and it sounds great. This could sound strange but, it sounds better when it's you three, together," Y/N adds on.

Seokjin, Jungkook, and Jimin all give Y/N confused and question ridden expressions. They have no clue what Y/N is talking about. Seokjin is baffled, she of all people should know that it sounds like something is missing, right? He thinks. It may be the self doubt that still owns a part of her mind talking. The self doubt that tells her that she "isn't enough". The self doubt that keeps her up at night, whispering sweet nothings into her ear.

"Y/N," Seokjin sighs.

"Yes," She replies.

"We want you to sing this song with us. You are what is missing, your voice is the puzzle piece that we are looking for. You are so talented and your voice is amazing. The range that you have, the way that you can come up with melodies on the spot. It's - You need to believe in yourself more," Seokjin explains, emphasizing every word that has to do with Y/N.

Not knowing what to do or what to say, Y/N stays quiet. Seokjin's words echoing in her ears.

"You are what is missing, your voice is the puzzle piece that we are looking for"

"Hyung is right, Y/N," Jungkook says.

"Yoongi's the one that suggested that you sing this with us. I agree with that suggestion because you are amazing and talented. Also, I really want you to sing this with us so will you please?" Jungkook states, his question sounding like it's one word from how fast he said it.