[2 - amaranthine; an unwanted eternity]

"If you get lost, I can't help you." said Damien coldly as he walked in a random direction into the forest.

Soren followed beside him, and Damien kept his pace steady. After all, he was currently pretending to be a servant, and couldn't show too much disrespect.

Raphael trailed behind slowly, inspecting them.

Soren could almost feel the burning gaze behind his neck. Feeling uncomfortable, he glanced back and said, "Don't be weird."

Raphael raised a brow. "I'm being weird?"

"I don't judge, but I feel you staring at our backs."

"I'm not."

Soren turned to Damien. "Do you feel the burn?"

Of course, Damien was sensitive to such things, but he had ignored it. Now being so blatantly asked, but not wanting to get involved, he shook his head calmly.

"I don't."

"Disliking somebody is not a reason to lie." Soren lectured lazily, ignoring the narrowing gaze of the teenager as he sighed.

At the back, Raphael heard the comment and laughed, earning Soren's displeasure.

On the bright side, Raphael has stopped staring so intently, and Soren relaxed a little. He wanted to hurry back and figure things out.

The world of a novel.

Why exactly had he been pulled in?

It didn't take long to exit the forest, an hour at the most. Though it seemed that the concept of time differed in this area, so it was hard to tell.

Before long, a narrow light filled his vision. He stepped in front of the mystic trees and saw a brilliant city, stretched out before him.

Or at least, it was incredible compared to the broken buildings and bloodied streets of his own world. A far cry different, brimming of life and colour. 

Soren hesitated for a moment as his eyes reflected the simple, yet warm stone buildings. Raphael glanced at him casually as the three stepped into the streets.

To the citizens, it just looked as if they were coming out from a regular forest.

A few glanced suspiciously at Soren, who was infamous for all the wrong reasons, then looked at Raphael. The man met their gaze with his deadly slant of a smile, and they quickly scurried off.

"Let's go, Damien." Soren turned towards the palace walls, only a little distance away.

He started to walk before a voice called to him.

"Don't you want a payment?"

Raphael looked at him with a sly smile, his posture straight in his confidence, but carrying a lazy air.

Soren wanted to say, 'Yes, please never enter my sight again.'

But what he said was, "No need. I'm trying to gain good karma and you happened to be there."

Angering the protagonist wouldn't be much fun. Soren enjoyed battles, but he doubted it'd be interesting in a weak body like this.

"I insist." said Raphael generously, though Soren knew this man was anything but honest at this point. "How can I let my benefactor go without doing anything?"

"I'm not lacking anything."

"Oh? Is your identity so grand?"

Damien stepped forward, respectfully. "This is your highness, the fifth prince, Soren Rosenbaum."