[39 - training; growth and trust]

Alvara had followed Soren on impulse, and because she had nowhere else to go. For that reason, to earn her keep, she would listen to his orders.

However, she was not a people person.

"You're saying... you want me to find somebody for you?"

Soren sat at the table, legs crossed on his seat lazily as he sprawled out on top of the wooden sheen. "You won't find him. He'll find you."

"That really doesn't make this any less scary."

"He's not good at comforting people. Let sloths sleep as they please." said a low voice as they pulled another chair up beside Soren. "Have you been sleeping more and more recently, little prince?"

Soren's cheek pressed against the table as he squinted. "Didn't sleep earlier." The tone was almost accusing.

"That was your choice." reminded Raphael.

Alvara laughed, but her expression soon fell again.

A great war was coming — or so she was told. This person she was supposed to find, a young fox, as described by Soren, was an essential piece in the story that was going to unfold.

"Anyway, I think the plan is for me to teach you, isn't it?" said Raphael, resting his head on a hand with a grin. "Why don't we get started right away?"

Alvara was the only person who could save Uriel if she learned how to use her necromancy wisely.

Raphael, somebody blessed with immense talents in all the worlds he lived in, was an ideal teacher.

"Yeah, I'm fine with that."

"Now, let's remove the unnecessary items out of the room." said Raphael, standing up as he pulled Soren's chair away from the table.

The prince scowled, "What?"

"I need the room."

"Take another."

Raphael grinned. "No, I won't."

Even if there were other rooms available, how could he pass up the opportunity to bother with this troublesome sloth?

"I'll watch." said Soren stubbornly, holding the chair as he was dragged away.

Raphael stopped. "Do you really want to?"

"Yes."

Observe, observe and observe.

Soren had decided to do just that, and the one he was the most curious about was Raphael. A person who he might've passed, once upon a time.

Somebody who might understand him, ever so slightly.

Raphael's eyes raked over him before he nodded. "I doubt I could stop you anyway, so sit still."

Alvara seemed to watch them carefully, staring at their every movement. "You two are close." remarked the teenager casually, earning a disgusted look from both. She raised her hands in surrender. "You aren't? Sorry."

Raphael sighed and walked over, hand resting on his hips lazily as he spoke. "We'll start right away."

"In here?"

"Place and time doesn't matter in the case of using your mana. Although practice would be better in a place similar to where you'll end up venturing to."

Soren rested his head on the back of the chair, legs crossed. "She can use my training room."

He didn't have any particular attachments for the room, except from the lingering memory of snow-white trunks and leaves of absolute tranquility. Regardless, it wasn't a place he had the right to be possessive of.