[10 - trouble; the fake fiance]

Deimos would not die, and Atlas would be saved.

Soon, his ties to the princes would be severed, and he could finally escape the life of the original. This is what Soren thought, as he left the clean, comfortable temple air and walked down the steps, not sparing a glance for Celine, who had been watching quietly from afar. No doubt, she was curious in the existence that Soren was — she always enjoyed interesting things, after all.

Or one could say, she had a sixth sense that seemed to know how strong a person was even before seeing their abilities. Celine knew Soren couldn't be messed with, but the faint, unknowing feeling about a mysterious power that surrounded him — she couldn't understand it.

Though she intended to, eventually.

Of course she did.

But Soren had no way of knowing what she was thinking.

"Do you intend to head straight back, master?" asked Damien as they turned onto a street far away from where the carriage was located.

Soren continued walking. "I don't."

He figured he had stayed inside for too long, and it would be best to get some fresh air and understand this world while he was in it. Knowledge and experience were two very different things, and Soren preferred the latter.

After some time, he said, "Tell me about the town."

Damien looked at him quietly in thought. The principal town that belonged to the Kingdom — was the Prince finally attempting to understand his people?

'That's a curious thought.'

"What would you like to know specifically?"

"The people."

In every Kingdom, although the citizens varied in personality and appearance, they could still be grouped together in some form.

"The humans... people of this land are outspoken, although weary to strangers. Often, they become extremely cheerful once getting to know a person, and are well known for their free-spirited ways." explained Damien in a knowing fashion, as if he were relating his own experiences rather than known information. "At night, it is common for fights to occur, but the citizens tend o do a good job at breaking it up. Most aim to become a knight and serve the Kingdom when they're older, including many women."

For women, it was most common to work simple jobs, but in this Kingdom, they were more open to trying new things. Of course, discrimination existed in any land for anybody who was not perfect, but there was more freedom here.

With a King who cared little for gender and appearances, and the First Prince, also the Leader of the knights, who respected strength alone, it was a satisfying land to live in.

"And about this town?" said Soren, after listening, waiting for an answer.

"It is the main town, and the most populated area. It's close to the Death Temple and also close to the Light temple, while not being far from the castle either. When we left the forest, the town we entered is connected to this area as well."

"It's large." remarked Soren.

"It is." agreed Damien, though he had seen far more extraordinary lands.

Neither really knew where to go with the conversation. Damien was an observer, who preferred to listen and then inquire, and Soren was an introvert who didn't do well with people.

However, they were both blunt and lived without restraint. In that sense, it wasn't awkward, just quiet.

Thus, the silence mattered little.