[24 - slumber; second betrayal]

Bedrooms could be called sacred almost, a place where one could be their true selves, the selves that were often hidden away from others preying eyes. 

It was said every person had several sides, the one they revealed to strangers, the one they revealed to loved ones, and the one they revealed to themselves. 

Raphael enjoyed his own solitude and always drew an unforgiving line. Soren, for one, was similar in that aspect, though the line he drew didn't involve hiding his personality, but just putting an obvious distance.

Standing in the small, but comfortable room, Raphael felt speechless.

He had watched from the moment he closed the door as that irritating prince casually kicked off his shoes — a manner that was by no mean respectful in this land, especially with his identity as a prince — and tie his hair back messily, annoyed by the strands that brushed by his face.

The prince yawned tiredly, like a lethargic cat that was looking for a place to rest, and settled into the bed comfortably.

He directly covered himself under the covers, making himself as pleased as he possibly could be until only a fluff of hair could be seen sticking out from outside.

"What are you doing?" Raphael couldn't help but ask.

Soren's voice was a tad muffled, but as indifferent as always. "Sleeping."

"...then where am I supposed to sleep?" For some reason, Raphael had a feeling that things wouldn't go as smoothly as they seemed to be going. 

As expected, Soren peeked his head out of the soft blankets with blearily squinting at him, eyes coated in sleepy haze and unbothered laziness.

As if stating a fact, he said, "On the floor."

"....." Raphael furrowed has brows and sighed. "Yeah, not happening."

A little reluctantly, and a little disgustedly, Soren threw a pillow with a bored thrust of his arms before burying it back under the covers. 

"I'll give you a pillow."

Raphael caught it and stared for a moment. 

A single pillow of four that had been on the double bed which sat in the middle of the room. 

Not enormous, but large enough to fit two people. 

Was he supposed to lie down and say thank you? There was no doubt in his mind that if he dared to ask, Soren would definitely say yes.

In fact, he didn't think that the prince would actually sleep, not when he seemed to be the cautious type that always remained alert. He had already been prepared to stay up all night; doing what exactly, he didn't know.

At least, it wasn't sleeping.

He took off his shoes and tied the two pairs by the door, pulling off his cloak into a neat pile by the shoes. Surprisingly, he was rather neat and tidy — or maybe it was Soren who was too messy.

The moment Raphael sat down on the bed, Soren blinked and squinted at him coldly. "Get off."

'This is unbelievable.' thought Raphael as he tilted his head to look down at the half-awake prince. 

A single pillow was offered, but the ground was still cold and uncomfortable to lie on, even if this was a five-star hotel.

Hotels like that didn't come with a wooden floor, and certainly not a troublesome roommate who didn't want him on the bed.

Not that it mattered, really.