Chapter 5- Make it Right

The streetlights started to give off their bright lights as I trudged on the road towards home. I was back carrying food that I bought to eat for dinner with JK's parents. Well, after roaming around my hometown, I mustered courage and decided to see them. "If he's not there, it's okay. At least his parents will know that I am back."

I walked carefully not to spill the packed hot stew. I regret not taking the bus on my way back. The street going up to our house caused my knees to shake from exhaustion, my feet inside my boots sore from marching all day.

Wiping a bead of sweat off my face while approaching our house, I noticed a car parked in the yard of Jungkook's house, which wasn't there in the morning. Our homes faced each other, the street in between separating them in meters.

Someone got out of the car, the sight of his back profile immediately making me gasp. "JK...!"

Another person, a beautiful woman, got out from the other side of the vehicle while JK went to help her carry her things.

"Huh? Who is she?"

My toes froze while my shaky fingers gripped on the strap of the camera dangling around my neck, a mixed feeling of surprise and bitterness sneaking up my chest.

His parents came out from the house to welcome both of them, a confirmation that the man I met this morning was Jungkook's father. They looked elated with the presence of their son and his companion. Without wasting a second, I inadvertently dropped the food and took my camera, taking plenty of shots of him until the last second they went inside.

But before JK could close the door, he poked his head on the doorframe and looked around. Almost getting myself caught, I swiftly turned my back on him, my knees nearly knocking out from trembling and walking for hours.

"No... please, just get inside."

After sensing that he was not there, I awkwardly picked my stuff on the ground and rushed inside the house.

"Gosh, he almost saw my face." I leaned against the door, panting while feeling my heart pounding wildly against my chest. "That was my first time seeing him in person... after ten years."

I felt strange. That was when I realized I was not ready to see Jeon Jungkook.

The evening passed, I was eating the food I bought on the kitchen table. I did a bit of cleaning, which made my stay a bit comfortable. The night was quiet and lonely, just the clattering noises of house lizards crawling in the dark corners of the house.

Munching on the kimchi and stuffing my mouth full with rice, I began to wonder what was taking place inside my EX best friend's home. I picked my camera and checked the photos I had just taken. Directly zooming in on Jungkook's picture, I got thrilled to see the beautiful details of his face. His moles, the scar he got during primary school, and... he got an eyebrow piercing? Jungkook was naturally good-looking, yet I certainly felt he still kept his cuteness and innocence.

"You grew up a lot, Jungkook-ah."

He also used to be slim and frail but now what the hell... his broad shoulders and tall figure showed that he was working out.

I focused on the picture of the girl he was with and tried to familiarize her face. "Hmm... I don't know her. She wore a formal dress and an ID lace, though."

"Don't tell me he has a girlfriend already... " I sighed and walked towards the window, slipping my fingers on the curtain so I could peep outside. Their house was quiet and well-lit from the inside. So much, I wanted to go and spend a bit of time with them, but if I go there, I might just be distracting them. "I could hear their laughter. They seem happy."

Feeling drained from traveling all day, I went to pick the lamp which guided my way upstairs. Since the house was left without a caretaker, many things needed to get fixed. There were only a few stuff left inside... no materials, no electricity, just a water pump in the backyard which I could use to take a bath. If I could have time and enough money, I would renovate the house and call it my home.

I laid on my bed with my hand folded underneath my head, silently exhaling a deep breath. "Why do I feel heavy inside? This is because I just feel exhausted, right? Right? But... why do I feel down and disappointed right now?"

Another sigh escaped my lips while I stayed still with the series of thoughts appearing in my mind. "Is it because I failed to see Jungkook today? Or... is it because of that woman? Did he make a deep friendship with someone? I understand that I am not his best friend today, but how does he treat his closest friends? It could not be that it was like our greatest friendship right?"

Could it be that I was jealous of the people my bunny makes friends with?

Catching myself overthinking about the matter, my hand reached for the phone on the bedside table and turned on the music from my phone to distract myself. "Lee Shanshan. No one can replace your bond with him."

Swiping through the list of songs, I pressed on a song that Min-ho suggested to add to my playlist. Obviously, it was a song by BTS.

I was lost, I was tryna find the answer

In the world around me

Yeah I was going crazy

All day, all night...

I just stared at the ceiling while starting to immerse myself in the lyrics of the song.

You're the only one who understood me

And all that I was going through

Yeah I just gotta tell you

Oh baby I...

I was surely feeling lonely tonight. He was just near me, but I felt like I needed to walk more miles to face him. He was the only family I had but I felt like he was not willing to welcome me back. Might as well get pushed away.

"JK... how will you react if you see me?"

...oh you're the light

and I almost lost ya

but I can't forget ya

Cause you are the reason that I survived

I covered my eyes with my arm as tears began to pool in my eyes, wetting my eyelids and flowing down the side of my face.

You were there for me through all the times I cried...

I was there for you

But then I lost my mind

I know that I messed up

But I promise I

Oh oh, I can make it right... all right </3

When I'm ready I'll come to you and explain everything.

I'll make up for the years I wasn't there for you and make things right.