Chapter 28- I Will Protect You

^^ JUNGKOOK ^^

"You learned that trick from me," Shanshan pointed at the TV as she commented on the way I effortlessly got through the climbing wall.

I sneered at her before answering. "Stop saying that I learned my skills from you."

"No, I taught you how to climb when we were children!"

"That was like many years ago," I denied.

"How can you be so skillful in every game? Is there an episode of Run BTS where you lost that I can watch?" Shanshan took the remote attempting to change the episode, but I snatched it away.

"Just sit still and watch your best friend win the race," I replied.

She leaned back on the sofa and threw me a frown. "Don't be so full of yourself."

I chuckled at her and focused on the TV, ignoring how bored she was. "Whoa. I did so well in this episode. I wonder how army is going to react on it."

"JK, there's something I need to tell." Shanshan nudged at my side, almost giving me a tickle.

"What." I turned to my side and looked down at her, her head still leaning back on the sofa and looking at me.

When I looked down on her, I paused as the memory of her red lips flashed in my mind, making me gulp. Last night, she was so beautiful... elegant and stunning. She just looked back at me, her pupils dilating as I unconsciously leaned down and laid my hand beside her, caging her while she tried to force her head back on the mattress to avoid me. We just stared at each other while we were in that position, lost in each other's eyes.

"Oh god. Why is my heart beating so fast? Am I the only one?"

I swallowed hard, gazing at her lips. "What's happening to me? I... I want to kiss her."

"What are you trying to do, pervert?"

I blinked at the word she called me, shattering all the dirty thoughts playing in my mind and taking me back to reality. I slowly got back on my seat as she immediately sat straight, clearing her throat.

"Stop calling me a pervert."

"Oh, it's a nickname you earned for yourself!" She said nervously, immediately distancing herself from me and laying her head on the arm of the couch while her cheeks blushed pink.

I sighed with denial but also, deep inside, I was blaming myself. "What do you think you're doing?!"

"B-by the way, what is that something you want to tell me."

"Now you're making it awkward to have a conversation with her."

She yawned, supporting her head on the arm of the couch while focusing on the TV. "Mark came yesterday. He said that my family needs me back."

"Ah, Mark. That fiance of yours... yah!" I let out a yell as she kicked my side.

"Who said he's my fiance?! EX- FIANCE," she corrected.

I laughed at her. I knew that she always cringed at the picture of herself almost married to that wealthy son of a businessman.

"JK. I'm serious. My family sent him to take me back. He's giving me two weeks!"

I was still teasing her. "I thought everything about your cancelled marriage was over?"

She rose up and took the remote, shutting the TV off and standing in front of me with seriousness. "He came to ask me to reconsider our marriage. He said that it's the only way to save my father's company from going down. He is giving me two weeks and if I don't go, everyone around me will be in danger and that includes you!"