Chapter 21- A Good Night's Kiss

^^ SHANSHAN ^^

I made my way to JK's bedroom, where I usually sleep every time we visit his parents. I know I couldn't sleep in my house yet. It would be dangerous to sleep there while having my house being renovated.

After closing the door, I leaned on the door with a groan. I hate myself. How come I still get easily distracted every time people are bringing up the topic about my family? I just couldn't control my hatred towards my family because of what they did to my best friend's family. Each time I heard about them, my body would shake from anger and my blood boiling with resentment. I am not afraid of them anymore. What was left with me was anger towards them, and they knew it. Since I know the truth behind my father's successful business- he used a large amount of money he took from Jungkook's parents and used it to start his business- he wouldn't bother me anymore.

I calmed myself before going into the bathroom to take a shower. I couldn't let the thought of my family ruin my day.

^^ JUNGKOOK ^^

"You shouldn't have said anything. Aigoo," my dad said as he sighed. "She must be upset."

"Next time. I'll be more careful," my mother uttered before standing to take all the dishes in the sink.

"I'll help you, eomma," I said, standing with her.

"Adeul, I think you should go and see her."

"Don't worry, eomma. I know her. She needs to be alone for a while," I comforted her while grabbing the soap and sponge from the counter. "I will talk to her later."

"I don't understand why she still can't get over them," my mom said, handing one plate for me.

We fell into silence as we focused on washing the dishes while dad continued to drink his tea. After a good while, we were done cleaning up the kitchen and were ready to end the night. I went upstairs to check on Shanshan, wondering what she was up to.

"Shanshan-," I opened the door, only to find her putting on her clothes, "I didn't see anything!" I exclaimed before quickly turning my back.

"Yah! Pervert!" She shrieked as I felt a pillow hit my back.

"Get out!"

I immediately obeyed her, pacing outside with my mouth pursed and my eyes opened wide with shock. After a minute of standing behind the door, I heard her faint voice inside.

"Come in."

I opened the door and slowly entered, my body growing hot when my eyes fell on her. She has already changed into matching sleepwear. Obviously, she picked it from my closet.

"Where are your manners?" She asked, sitting on the bed while glaring at me.

"S-sorry.. wait- why should I be sorry when you were the one who didn't lock the door? And look! Those are my clothes! First of all, did you ask permission before wearing those?" I said, pretending to be angry while the image of her only in her undergarments still lingered in my mind.

"Whatever," she replied before lying on bed and pulling the blanket over her.

"Hey, the bed is mine this time," I said, pulling the covers. "Aren't I going to receive a special treatment today because it is my birthday?"

Every time we come home, she sleeps on the bed while I choose whether to sleep in the living room or on the bedroom's floor.

She turned to her side, turning away from me and pulling back the blanket. "You're not getting a special treatment today."