Chapter 41- Hope

^^ SHANSHAN ^^

One week later, I was at my family's mansion watching the peaceful sky through the glass wall. The morning air felt warm and cozy, luring me to sleep more, but I couldn't resist looking at the beautiful sunrise. The room was filled with Christmas decors, and a Christmas tree sat at the corner, making everyone who sees it feel the spirit of the Christmas season.

I felt a sense of peace and relief. I won my battle. Those evil people deserve their punishment, including the mastermind of all these troubles... my stepmother. She had no escape, for everyone pointed at her as the main schemer of my father's death.

In the meantime, I had Mark helping me settle the termination of the company. It would be a long process, but I knew it had to be done. I received a lot of criticism and protest from many people for turning everyone in the company jobless, but there was an assurance that everyone would receive the share they deserve.

The sun's rays began to touch my legs, covering me with its warmth. I spread my fingers to welcome the heat on my palms and rubbed them together. My skin... they were glowing yellow under the sun. I bit my lip. I already accepted that I would die. Now that I fulfilled my father's wish, I am ready to face my death.

I sighed deeply, trying to divert my attention to other things... Just then, I noticed a familiar plant among the flowers displayed in the living room.

"Why does this remind me of..."

I moved the wheelchair I was sitting on towards the plant. "Ah, a cactus... with ears like those of a bunny." They were so cute and unique. They remind me of him... bunny teeth Jungkook.

"What are you smiling at?"

"Ha?" I turned to my side, just to see Roger catching me smiling to myself.

"You're smiling like a stupid brat." He answered before putting the mug of coffee on top of the shelf.

I pointed at the cactus with a grin. "What do you call this shrub?"

"Ah," he said, folding his hands while walking towards me. "I heard one of the maids calling it bunny ears."

"Bunny-" I burst into a chuckle. "Bunny ears?!"

"Why-why what's funny?" He asked, also getting amused by the way I was grinning.

"It reminds me of a cute person who looks like a bunny, hehe," I answered, looking at him with a smile. "My best friend, JK."

His smile faded, indicating how he disliked my celebrity friend. "Are you not hungry? It's time for breakfast." He took my wheelchair, effortlessly pushing me away from the room.

"Where are you taking me?" I questioned.

"To the dining room. You better get ready. Mark is coming here today."

"Oh, good," I responded, thinking that I could get information from the company. "Roger... what do you plan to do after this?"

"After what?"

"After I'm done settling everything here, I'm going back to my father's country. Do you want to come with me?"

"Nah," he shook his head. "I grew up here since birth. I think I'll have a hard time adjusting to Korea."

"But you'll see and experience many great things too!" I tried to convince him. "I can show you my gallery and meet BTS-"

"Haha! BTS? I'm not a fan," he interrupted as he stopped pushing the wheelchair when we arrived in the dining hall.

He helped me stand and walk towards my chair. My heart warmed. We fought a lot before, but now he was acting so nice to her step-sister. The maids started serving food while we continued our conversation.