Chapter 9- In Front of You

After finally finishing all my tasks for the day, I closed my laptop and began collecting my things, a satisfied sigh leaving my lips. "Let's call it a day."

While preparing to leave, I paused to look at the man across my desk. Min-ho was still busy darting his eyes between the paper in his hands and the monitor, making me smile in silence. He never spoke a word ever since we began doing our own paperwork, and now he was still stuck on it. I guess he was the only person in the world who considers office hours as a hobby.

"Are you not going home?" I questioned, which caused his eyes to flinch away from the computer and looking at me.

As if unfazed and maintaining his position, he calmly answered without looking at me, "I'll leave after an hour."

"Are you going to stay past the working time again?" I crossed my hands against my chest and sighed.

"No Ma'am. I just need to finish this before I get home," he lifted his eyes on me and made an exhausted smile. "Don't worry about me."

"I feel sorry for you sometimes for working late," I pouted before making a grin. "I'll treat you to dinner next time! Yeah- right, I'll pay you back with a meal."

"How about raising my salary instead?" He lifted his eyebrow playfully.

"Okay!" I quickly replied before grabbing my handbag and walking to the door. "After ten years of our company's progress," I snickered and swung the door behind me.

"I take back what I said. Just treat me for dinner!" His muffled voice called behind the door, gaining me a smile.

Min-ho loved to work hard, which is why I was lucky to find him and entrust my gallery to him. He managed almost everything in the gallery, which I was thankful for.

Constantly reaching towards the bottom of the stairs, I stopped when I noticed a person standing at the counter wearing all black with a cap and a mask, making me scrunch my face with an odd feeling. "What's with his outfit? Wait... isn't he..." Just by his eyes, my heart began to beat fast as I recognized his soft gaze. Sudden fear took over me, causing my legs to get stuck from where I was standing. "Why is Jungkook here? What... what is he doing here?"

While panic and curiosity surged in me, I heard the receptionist talk to him at the counter. "I'll-I'll try to see if our CEO hasn't gone home yet because- because we are already near closing time."

"What's with the stuttering? She must be thrilled talking to him."

"Yes, please. Thank you," I saw Jungkook nod.

"Please wait in this area," the nervous receptionist led him to the sofa in the lobby with an awkward smile while he followed obediently, making me think that it was endearing.

"Wait! He needs me...?" I gasped inwardly. "Could it be... did he figure out who I am already?!" The sudden thought made me panic further while I gulped in silence. "This can't be!"

Before I could think any farther, the staff caught me standing frozen just a distance from them.

"Oh! She's here!" The receptionist pointed at me with a beam upon noticing my presence.

I made a confused expression, pretending that I had just come and did not hear anything. My attention shifted to Jungkook, who stood up from his seat and bowed while removing his mask. Once more, I could feel my cheeks tingle as I studied his beautiful face. It showed no expressions of anger. Instead, he was calm. As soon as he smiled, my eyes widened in admiration while his smile eased my fear away, grasping that he had a different purpose for coming to see me.