Chapter 34- Confession

^^ SHANSHAN ^^

As soon as the door opened, I walked heavily across the room. My heels thumped on the floor as I couldn't control myself anymore and gave Mark a hard slap on the face, throwing him backward on the door.

"TRAITOR!" I shrieked.

"Wait- what??" He immediately gained balance and looked at me with the biggest surprise. "Lee Ji Hyo, I don't know what you are saying-"

"What are those?!" I pointed at the photos scattered on the floor. "You have been watching everything I was doing! You're such a creep!"

"Lee Ji Hyo that's not-"

"Why can't I be in peace? For once, I wanted to be free, but until now, everyone's bothering my life! Why? Why? WHYYYYY?!"

I hit and slapped and punched him with all my might, releasing all my anger to him. Why does everybody want my life?

"Lee Ji Hyo, it's not what you think. Let me explain! JI HYO!"

I got exhausted and stopped after giving his chest a weak punch. He swallowed while his hard chest heaved heavily as he breathed. I wondered why he didn't stop me nor avoid me. He just let me hurt him and endured the pain.

"Explain..." I said with heavy breathes before leaning away from him. I went back on the king-sized bed and dropped myself on the mattress, gaining a sense of partial relief after venting my temper, but that didn't mean I forgave him. I was still very much upset.

He wiped the sweat on his forehead before quietly going to pick up the photos on the floor, putting them back gently inside the envelope. Watching his actions created confusion inside my mind. "Are those things precious to him?"

He pulled the one-seat sofa towards me and settled himself on it, facing me with an uneasy expression. I had my arms crossed, still looking at him with a glare before he spoke.

"Lee Ji Hyo-"

"Lee Ji Hyo is long dead. I am Lee Shanshan." I interrupted.

He let out a deep sigh before continuing to speak. "Yes, Lee Shanshan. Those.. those photos, I didn't have any bad intentions in it."

"Then why do that secretly? Even stalking the people around me..."

"Before I met you in person, my parents already told me the news about our marriage." He swallowed and licked his lips, a sexy move I always thought of each time JK does it. "Your name was familiar to me. I saw you a few times on occasions, but you didn't like lingering with other people. That was why I didn't get to get close to you. Before I could get to meet and marry someone, I had to study their true character and decide whether to agree to the marriage or not. See Shanshan... I also wanted to be the one to choose who I wanted to marry, through my own standards."

"Is... is that why... you have been following me even until Korea?" I questioned.

He shook his head. "I had someone follow you and report everything to me." Immediately he raised his hands comically in the air. "I'm very sorry... about it! I just... wanted to know more about you..."

I suppressed a smile, a bit amused by the way he immediately apologized. I discovered that honesty is his weakness, but I have admiration too for honest people.

"And what did you find out?" I asked while a giggle escaped my lips.

"I learned that you are different from other girls. You like to participate in charities, volunteer programs and help those who are in need. You put up a business out of your passion, not because you want to take advantage of others' money. You opened opportunities for aspiring artists to have their works recognized."