Chapter 45- The Meeting

^^ AUTHOR ^^

Everyone gathered in the gazebo at the back of the mansion. Their surrounding was covered with beautiful scenery of nature, as the pink cherry blossoms above them showered them with its aromatic scent.

 Their surrounding was covered with beautiful scenery of nature, as the pink cherry blossoms above them showered them with its aromatic scent

"This is Dr. Jacob's profile and the list of people he cured, with all kinds of complaints delivered to him," Mark stated, spreading out the sheets of paper on the table.

Jungkook picked one paper and started to read. Min Ho did too while Lily was taking a peek.

"He's unlicensed," Min Ho immediately said, noticing that his medical license got revoked. "Since 2013."

"That means he's a quack!" Jungkook commented while staring at the paper.

"He's not a quack. He was a former physician at the Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston until he was falsely accused of medical malpractice by a dead patient's family." Mark explained.

"Is that the reason why he was not able to practice medicine again?" Shanshan asked, pulling her shawl close over her shoulders.

"Yes. But the doctor's passion didn't stop him from curing people, so he bought an island and started to-"

"treat and operate desperate clients who want to be healed in secret." Jungkook continued, looking at us and flicking his finger on the paper. "The question is, can we trust this illegal doctor? His island is full of thugs and most wanted criminals from all over the world. If we send Shanshan there to get treatment...can we assure her safety?"

Min Ho and Lily looked at Mark, too, asking the same question with their eyes.

"In that island are sick people," Mark answered. "After they get fully healed, they immediately leave the island. With their situation, they can't hurt anyone."

"But if the authorities find out about this island while Shanshan is there, how are you going to explain it to them?" Jungkook asked again.

"Jungkook..." Shanshan held his hand. She knew that Jungkook was just trying to create an argument. The woman knew that her boyfriend was jealous of Mark, especially when Roger told him that Mark was more suited for her.

Mark just sighed. "Dr. Jacob has been running the island for more than ten years now. He used extra careful measures in taking his clients to his island. We'll hope that while she is there, no one will find out."

"Fine then. You should send men to protect her. Or I should go with her," Jungkook replied.

"Unfortunately, we can't do that. To prevent the island from getting caught, only the patient is allowed to enter the land."

"Huh? Can't we visit even just once in a while?" Lily asked.

Mark shook his head. "The rules on the island are very strict."