Chapter 27- Dying in Your Arms

^^ AUTHOR ^^

Jungkook immediately backed away from her and mentally gave himself a punch. He left for the closet, shaking his head while opening a drawer that kept some of his clothes. He picked a pair of sweats, glancing at the sleeping beauty before exiting her room and proceeding to the other room to take a shower and sleep.

The next day, Jungkook's eyes flew open as he remembered to check on her. Even in his sleep, he worried for her. He forced himself up and paced at her door, gently opening and sticking his head inside. He entered with soft steps, making sure not to wake Shanshan up.

"Aigoo." He sighed as he looked down at her, who was sleeping peacefully. "You must be so tired."

He saw the time on her clock. It was almost 8, and he was feeling hungry. "We hadn't eaten anything last night. Shanshan would probably wake up feeling hungry."

He let the woman sleep more as he walked out of the bedroom, thinking of a recipe to cook for breakfast. Arriving at the kitchen, he opened the fridge, only to be surprised that it was empty.

"Since when did she start living with only delivery foods? No matter how busy she is, she should at least cook her own meal once."

Ding dong.

Jungkook blinked at the sound. He closed the fridge before pacing towards the door. "Who is it?"

He swung it open, only to be greeted by his best friend's assistant carrying bunches of flowers and gifts.

"Let me in," Minho grunted as he struggled to carry them.

Jungkook immediately stepped back to let him enter while he watched, speechless. "What are those?"

"Birthday gifts for Shanshan," the older answered as he dropped all of them on the couch, eyeing the way to Shanshan's bedroom. "They're taking a lot of space in the office, so I decided to bring them here."

"Ah," Jungkook talked as he walked behind him.

"Where is she?"

Jungkook's face showed concern as he talked. "She is still asleep. She fainted last night."

"What?!" Minho turned to him. "Is- is she okay?"

Jungkook nodded. "I was trying to persuade her to go to the hospital, but she insisted not to go."

Minho exhaled. "Of course, she doesn't want to let you know too."

"I'm worried, hyung. It was the first time I saw my best friend like that."

"Not just you. I've seen her suffering and troubling me for almost two months."

"Ahhh," Jungkook groaned, sitting on the couch and opening a box of gifts.

"Hey, are you allowed to open that?" Minho warned him.

"Of course. I'm her best friend. Hmm... this person is thoughtful enough to give her something like this." Jungkook lifted a small porcelain vase and showed it to him. "I'm envious that I didn't buy anything for her birthday."

Minho just ignored him, knowing that Jungkook would get scolded by Shanshan if she found out that he messed with her things. Minho looked towards her bedroom once again. He just made an excuse to come here and check on her. She was supposed to be at work, but her absence made him troubled, making him worry that something might have happened to her. Now that he learned she fainted last night, he became even more worried.

"Hyung, have you eaten breakfast yet? I'm planning to order food." Jungkook said as he stood to pick his phone on top of the shelf.

"I'm good. Just order something for you and Miss Lee."