Chapter 18- Friends Forever

An hour after the concert, Jungkook and I met at the rooftop of the hotel where I checked in. We squatted beside each other in awkward silence.

"I thought you would hate me," I began to speak while stealing a glance at him.

He leaned on the wall before exhaling. "I was angry and hurt. But at the same time, I don't want to lose you. I just- I just could not believe it. I was stunned. I had lots of questions. But you know what... " He looked at me with a smile. "Whatever your reason was, I was more thankful that this happened, that you are here again. You were with me all this time even when I was not able to recognize you the whole time."

"JK..."

He shifted to face my side. "I also talked to Lily about you, your life under the hands of your family and the reason why you didn't tell me right away your real identity. It wasn't your fault Ji Hyo-ah. You have suffered more than me. I should have been more understanding."

"Thank god..." I pulled my knees to my chest and hid my face on it since I didn't want him to see me shedding tears already. "I thought I would lose you forever."

"N-no," Jungkook chuckled. "I'll never leave you." I felt him move closer to me and pat my head. "You indeed kept your promise. You came back. And I am thankful for that."

I began to sob. "I never... wanted to leave you! I- I didn't like what happened either."

"Shh..." He put an arm around me while looking forward.

My best friend stayed silent as he listened to my cries... until he got impatient. "Why are you still crying? Don't be sad anymore." He fixed my hair to my side. "Hey, look at me."

I lifted my head and wiped my tears. He chuckled at me.

"You're so ugly when you cry!"

I hit his arm.

"I'm just joking!" He laughed. He helped me dry my tears with his thumb but ended up laughing again. "Such a crybaby."

"What did you say?" I sniffed, my voice cracking.

"A crybaby," he repeated. He scrunched his nose.

"You are the one who's a crybaby!" I nudged at him. "Don't ever forget, you slept in my bedroom one night in grade school because you were sulking at your mom!"

"Oh you still remember that." He just smiled. "Now you're back."

I giggled, feeling a bit embarrassed.

"Will you come to the tour with us?" He asked out of the blue.

Unfortunately, I could not. I shook my head. "I have to go back, Jungkookah." There were still things I had to do in South Korea.

He pouted. I began to comment on his behavior when he suddenly pulled me into a hug tight and said, "I'm going to miss you little dummy dummy dummy!"

"I'm not... a dummy!" I denied, trying to pull myself away. He squeezed me into him, making me choke. "And I'm not little anymore!"

With satisfaction, he let go of me smiling. "I know. I just miss those days."

"Tss."

"This time, you are the one who is going to wait."

I nodded.

"See you after six months."

He reached out his fist. We did a fist bump.

"Do not come back without a wine."

"Sure, we should celebrate when I come back."

We continued talking until Jungkook's manager called to remind him that he needed to go back to their hotel.