Chapter 36- R.A.G.E.

WARNING: VIOLENT SCENES AHEAD

^^ SHANSHAN ^^

"You can't get away with that," Mona dropped her hands and started to approach me. "I had my guards waiting for you outside."

I cautiously stepped back to keep some distance between us.

"Stop trying to avoid me and give that back to me," she motioned a finger on me, but I just let out a mocking scoff, making her expression confused. Each time she did that to me when I was in high school, I would shakily go to her and knew immediately that something wrong was gonna happen.

"Do you think I am still afraid of you? I knew you just lured me out here to open this scroll with my own fingerprint. Whatever is inside this, I know you don't want me to see it." I lifted the scroll, showing it off to her while walking back towards the room's small balcony. "What secret are you hiding, Monalyn?"

"My secret? Hah!" She let out a burst of hysterical laughter then looked at me with mocking eyes, making me stiff. "I'm sure you don't wanna know!"

My grip on the scroll tightened. Once again, I got curious, thinking that what Monalyn said might be something she had been hiding against my father and me.

"Brush it off!" I told myself. "As long as you have the file, you have all the answers."

I rejected her, and before I could run towards the balcony and jump off, she spoke again.

"Your father loved you!"

I almost lost my balance because my feet came to an abrupt stop.

"What?" I mumbled, turning back to her. I was just a step away from the balcony. She succeeded in stopping me with those words alone.

She crossed her arms and tilted her head, a smug expression showing on her face, making me more irritated and starting to feel fear. "You really thought your father didn't love you just because he wanted you to take over the business? He forced you to follow his path because he feared that one day, your stepbrothers might take everything away from you. After all, you are his only child."

She then sat on the couch and crossed her legs. She was for sure in control right now as I nervously listened to what truth she wanted me to hear, just like that day when she revealed to me about the things my dad did to Jungkook's family.

"He was hoping that you would have interest in ruling the company when you grow up, so he asked me to train you."

I swallowed hard, feeling a prick in my chest. Those things she called 'training' actually tortured me.

"But unfortunately, you firmly refused."

"I'm not here for a story-telling. Just tell me directly what you want to say." I burst with impatience, but she ignored me.

"Your father is strong, intelligent, and a hardworking businessman. That was why I fell for him even if he was from a far country in Asia. He trusted me too much that he never realized that he fell for my trap."

"A trap?"

I furrowed my eyebrows and glared at her with a puzzled look. "What did you do to my father?!"

She scoffed at me and chuckled sweetly with her hands on her mouth. "Fine," she crossed her arms again. "Since you're about to die in my hands, I will tell you what I did... do you really think your father died from a natural illness? You're wrong. I was drugging him for years."

Silence.

She began to giggle, suppressing it at first until she burst into laughter. "HAHAHAHA!! Your father was never aware that I'd been putting something in his drinks! Hahahahahaha!" She wiped a tear from laughing too much and then looked at me with mockery. "All he wanted was for you to have a bright and peaceful future, but you've hated your dad with that. What are you gonna do now?"