lan xichen x reader 🍵࿐

▶ Requested by no one 

▶ Fluff

▶ Female Reader -- [Y/N] has a slight fear of men in this that is why she is so stubborn at times over things is because if a man said she should do it she will do anything but what he wanted just to annoy him.  

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[Y/N] was out in the market when it started to rain unexpectedly. She gasped as it quickly started to go from a drizzle to full on pouring. Her nice [F/C] hafu was already soaked along with her [H/C] hair. She groaned in annoyance and stood under a roof of a near by shop. 

[Y/N] slid her basket further up her arm to free her hands so she could ring out her hair. It started to rain even harder and [Y/N] was forced to scoot back further underneath the roof to avoid getting even more wet. [Y/N] groaned and her shoulders slumped. Her fiancé, Lan Xichen, had told her to bring an umbrella just in case but she had just waved him off saying it wasn't going to rain that day seeing as the sun was high in the sky and there wasn't a cloud in sight. She regretted her words because now she was stuck under a roof in the market soaking wet with no way to contact Lan Xichen or get home until the rain either stopped completely or died down. 

Lan Xichen was growing more and more worried for his fiancée. She had gone to the market well over 3 hours ago. He knew that she must have been caught up in the downpour but he had no idea where she was. He decided to the right, gentleman, thing and go and find her. He picked up his trusty umbrella and walked out. 

He opened it and sighed. 'She should have just listened to me..' He chuckled. One thing he loved most about her was how stubborn she could be over the silliest things such as not wanting to bring an umbrella just to prove her fiancé wrong. 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Though it was raining, [Y/N] could tell that it was getting late. She saw as fewer and fewer people walked by her in a rush, umbrellas in hand. 

She looked her way and others didn't even notice her. 

[Y/N] let out a sigh. Her hanfu was almost dry but it was still sticking to her places she didn't really like, like her arms and her poor hair was almost dry too but she knew it looked a mess. 

[Y/N] grew tired of waiting and decided to just wing it and run home. She stepped out from her safe place and booked it. 

Her [F/C] hanfu grew more wet than it was before and stuck to her body. Her hair was drenched and sticked to her hanfu and skin. She groaned and stopped running. She just stood there, head bowed, in the rain. She really really regretted her choice to try and run home in this storm. 

 Warmth surround her and she lifted her head to see her fiancé, Lan Xichen, standing next to her. His umbrella covering them both and his outer robe placed on her shoulders. She smiled and reached up and gently wrapped the white robe tighter around her figure. "Huan.." She whispered. 

His normal smile was not on his face, instead a concerned look replaced the smile. "Your burning up.." He muttered, placing a hand gently on her forehead. She smiled softly. "I..I'm just glad you came.." She paused and looked down. "..I'm sorry.." 

Lan Xichen sighed and picked her up bridal style. She didn't bother to protest. Her body was tired. "I was really worried about you.. Please don't ever do this again.." He whispered and started home. 

"A..alright.." [Y/N] muttered sleepily. Her eyes closed and she could faintly hear someone calling her name but she was too tired to care at that moment. 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▶ Have I told you guys that I literally didn't know that Lan Xichen had a birth name? Like I thought Xichen was his birth name then I found out it was Huan- I felt really dumb then 

▶ Another short one- I swear my other story that I'm working on, it has yet to be published yet, is taking all my life force. like those chapters are long and they kill me so these ones are going to be short for a while 

Completed : 7/20/2021