young!lan qiren x reader ☁️࿐

▶ Requested by - @-payher   

▶ Angst and fluff 

▶ Male reader 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"C-Clan Leader Lan!" 

"Clan Leader!" 

"Clan Leader Lan!" 

"Xichen-Gege!" 

Lan Xichen paused and turned around to see four juniors and Wei Wuxian come bounding over to him. He smiled softly and lightly chided them, "No running in Cloud Recesses please." 

Lan Sizhui bowed and apologized. Lan Jingyi blushed in embarrassment while Wei Wuxian laughed it off. Jin Ling looked away and Ouyang Zizhen also bowed in apologies. 

"What can I do for you five?" He asked politely. 

No one spoke. 

Wei Wuxian finally decided to break the ice being the responsible adult that he is. "Xichen-Gege, is it true that old man Qiren had a lover? Theres been so many rumors as of late."

Lan Xichen's smile faltered as his eyes widened slightly. That... That hadn't been talked about-let alone mentioned-in over 26 years. He hesitated but decided to tell them anyway. His uncle had been in mourning for too long now. Maybe it was best to tell them about it. 

He smiled a strained smile. "If I tell you, will you please not let my Uncle hear about it? It's... a touchy topic for him." 

The juniors and Wei Wuxian nodded eagerly. 

"I swear it! I really want to hear about old man Qiren's love life!" 

"Okay... So it all started about..." 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

A [H/C] haired male was walking around Cloud Recesses, looking for someone. His [F/C] robes were prefect and pristine. His [H/C] hair was kept up into a half up half down style. A fancy silver clasp keeping it up. His [E/C] eyes were bright and cheery and his [S/C] skin seemingly glowed in the early morning, almost afternoon, light. Many other disciples from other clans waved him and wished him a good morning. He happily returned these greetings. 

As he walked, he passed a group of female disciples who whispered and pointed to him, blushing and giggling. 

He paid him no mind but still smiled and waved to them politely. He didn't want to seem rude even if he had no interest in them. No, he had his eye on someone else already. Someone who was cold, distant, and rude to him. But the [H/C] haired male did not care, even if he was slowly losing hope. He still put fourth effort and tried to win the mans heart even if he had no chance at all.