Quidditch game.

Nova was eating a slice of toast as was harry when the team had turned up. "It's going to be a tough one," said Wood, who wasn't eating anything. "Stop worrying, Oliver," said Alicia soothingly, "we don't mind a bit of rain." 

But it was considerably more than a bit of rain. Such was the popularity of Quidditch that the whole school turned out to watch the match as usual, but they ran down the lawns towards the Quidditch pitch, heads bowed against the ferocious wind, umbrellas being whipped out of their hands as they went.

 The team changed into their scarlet robes and waited for Wood's usual pre-match pep talk, but it didn't come. He tried to speak several times, made an odd gulping noise, then shook his head hopelessly and beckoned them to follow him. The wind was so strong that they staggered sideways as they walked out onto the pitch. If the crowd was cheering they couldn't hear it over the fresh rolls of thunder. 

Rain was splattering over Harry's glasses. How on earth was he going to see the Snitch in this? The Hufflepuffs were approaching from the opposite side of the pitch, wearing canary-yellow robes. The captains walked up to each other and shook hands; Diggory smiled at Wood but Wood now looked as though he had lockjaw and merely nodded. 

Nova saw Madam Hooch's mouth form the words, 'Mount your brooms.' she pulled her right foot out of the mud with a squelch and swung it over her Nimbus Two Thousand. Madam Hooch put her whistle to her lips and gave it a blast that sounded shrill and distant – they were off. Nova rose fast, but her Nimbus was swerving slightly with the wind. 

she held it as steady as he could and turned, squinting into the rain. Within five minutes the potter girl was soaked to her skin and frozen, hardly able to see her team-mates, let alone the quaffle. She flew backwards and forwards across the pitch, past blurred red and yellow shapes, with no idea of what was happening in the rest of the game. She couldn't hear the commentary over the wind. The crowd was hidden beneath a sea of cloaks and battered umbrellas. Twice Nova came very close to being unseated by a Bludger;  she hadn't seen them coming. 

she lost track of time. It was getting harder and harder to hold her broom straight. The sky was getting darker, as though night had decided to come early. Twice Nova nearly hit another player, without knowing whether it was a team-mate or opponent; everyone was now so wet, and the rain so thick, she could hardly tell them apart ... With the first flash of lightning came the sound of Madam Hooch"s whistle; Nova could just see the outline of Wood through the thick rain, gesturing him to the ground. The whole team splashed down into the mud.

 "I called for time out!" Wood roared at his team. "Come on, under here –" They huddled at the edge of the pitch under a large umbrella; Harry took off his glasses and wiped them hurriedly on his robes. "What's the score?" "We're fifty points up," said Wood, "but unless we get the Snitch soon, we'll be playing into the night."

 "I've got no chance with these on," Harry said exasperatedly,  taking off his glasses Nova snatched them off him and pointed her wand at the glasses "Impervious there now they repel water." wood looked like he could kiss her, Nova felt numb with cold, still wetter than she'd ever been in her life, but she could see. Full of fresh determination, she urged his broom through the turbulent air, trying to score as many points possible while avoiding a Bludger, ducking beneath Diggory, who was streaking in the opposite direction ... There was another clap of thunder, followed immediately by forked lightning. This was getting more and more dangerous. 

Nova needed to score more points – she turned, intending to head back towards the middle of the pitch, but at that moment, another flash of lightning illuminated the stands, and she saw something that distracted her completely: the silhouette of an enormous shaggy black dog, clearly imprinted against the sky, motionless in the topmost, empty row of seats. Nova's numb hands slipped on the broom handle and her Nimbus dropped a few feet. Shaking his sodden fringe out of his eyes, he squinted back into the stands. The dog had vanished. "Nova!" came Wood's anguished yell from the Gryffindor goalposts. 

 An eerie silence was falling across the stadium. The wind, though as strong as ever, was forgetting to roar. It was as though someone had turned off the sound, as though Nova had gone suddenly deaf – what was going on? And then a horribly familiar wave of cold swept over her, inside her, just as she became aware of something moving on the pitch below ... Before she"d had time to think, Nova had taken her eyes off the game and looked down. 

At least a hundred Dementors, their hidden faces pointing up at him, were standing below. It was as though freezing water was rising in his chest, cutting at his insides. And then she heard it again ... someone was screaming, screaming inside his head ... a woman ... 'Not my children, not the twins, please not Harry and nova!" 'Stand aside, you silly girl ... stand aside, now ..." 'Not my children, please no, take me, kill me instead –" Numbing, swirling white mist was filling Nova's brain ... What was she doing? Why was she flying? She needed to help her ... she was going to die ... she was going to be murdered ... She was falling, falling through the icy mist. 'Not Nova! Not harry! Please ... have mercy ... have mercy ..." A shrill voice was laughing, the woman was screaming, and Nova knew no more.

Harry was taken the hospital wing when draco couldn't see Nova he walked around the quidditch pitch he saw the girl sprawled out on the floor blood coming out of her head dripping down her neck he froze he felt as if dementors were giving him the kiss he ran over and picked her up running as fast as he could to the hospital wing he pushed the door open and started shouting like a madman.

 "madam pomfrey!" the matron rushed to the boy and saw Nova he placed her on the usual bed no one had seen the girl yet they all surrounded harry causing draco's blood to boil of course golden boy potter had all the attention his fall had been slowed down but Nova had been left to fall, draco saw as harry woke up not even asking about Nova only bothered about his broom and the match the matron didn't know when she would wake wake up it could be hours days weeks harry was let out the hospital wing at dinner time Nova had been transferred to St Mungo's Hospital madam pomfrey thought it should be best no one sees her until she had woken up.

Draco watched him how people were coming up to Harry seeing if he was alright no one noticed Nova was gone so Draco thought until Neville Longbottom came up to him.

"malfoy do you know where Nova is i k-now yo-ur friends with her?"

"Yes I know Longbottom but guess what you're the only person who knows she's missing but me i will tell you after dinner madam pomfrey doesn't want the whole school to find out."

Neville nodded and walked away halfway through dinner. Draco had enough so he went up to harry. "Potter, potter!" Draco had caught a few students and professors' attention including Snape McGonagall and Lupin. Everyone knew nothing good ever came out of Draco and Harry talking so the professors kept an eye on them "where's Nova?" the blonde asked him harry froze he hadn't seen his sister since the game had she been affected by the dementors "exactly potter where is your best friend?"

"malfoy she's probably in her dorm." harry felt a bit guilty he hadn't realized his own sister was missing. "no she's not potter." the blonde laughed.

"Mr Malfoy, where is Miss Evans?" the transfiguration professor asked the blonde third year.

"oh well when harry fell so did she and i found her laying in a pool of her own blood in the quidditch field." remus froze he was too busy looking after harry he hadn't realised his own goddaughter fall harry went to stand up "don't bother potter." the blonde shoved harry back into his seat. "don't touch me malfoy i'm going to see my best friend!"

"don't bother you won't be allowed in madam pomfrey said she is to be left alone."

"some friend you are." the blonde sneered, Harry had enough he lunged at draco punching him in the face draco hit him back.

"boys!" the scottish professor shouted they didn't stop instead the professor used a spell to separate them draco had a bruised cheek and a bloody lip while harry was getting a black eye and bruised cheek "i will not accept this behavior while miss Evans is not here" the animagus cat told the two boys "yeah because all of you didn't even realize she was gone and put all your attention on golden boy" "detention mr malfoy, mr potter." Remus rushed out the great hall and headed to the hospital wing.