dementors

Nova woke Harry up the next morning by jumping on him; she was already dressed in her usual converse jeans and an ac/dc t-shirt. Nova watched as Harry tried persuading a disgruntled Hedwig to get back into her cage when Ron banged his way into the room, pulling a sweatshirt over his head and looking irritable.

"The sooner we get on the train, the better," he said. "At least I can get away from Percy at Hogwarts. Now he's accusing me of dripping tea on his photo of Penelope Clearwater. You know," Ron grimaced, "his girlfriend. She's hidden her face under the frame because her nose has gone all blotchy ..."

"I've got something to tell you," Harry began, but they were interrupted by Fred and George, who had looked in to congratulate Ron on infuriating Percy again. They headed down to breakfast, where Mr Weasley was reading the front page of the Daily Prophet with a furrowed brow and Mrs Weasley was telling Hermione and Ginny about a Love Potion she'd made as a young girl. All three of them were rather giggly.

"What were you saying?" Ron asked Harry, as they sat down. "Later," Harry muttered, as Percy stormed in.

They had all made it to platform 9 and ¾ mrs weasley had made sandwiches nova had already been handed her jam ones.

"Harry nova," said Mr Weasley quietly, "come over here for a moment." He jerked his head towards a pillar, and Harry and Nova followed him behind it, leaving the others crowded around Mrs Weasley. "There's something I've got to tell you before you leave –" said Mr Weasley, in a tense voice. "It's all right, Mr Weasley," said Harry, "we already know." Nova told the man.

"You know? How could you know?" "we – er – we heard you and Mrs Weasley talking last night. we couldn't help hearing," Harry added quickly. "Sorry –" nova was cut off. "That's not the way I'd have chosen for you to find out," said Mr Weasley, looking anxious. "No – honestly, it's OK. This way, you haven't broken your word to Fudge and we know what's going on." "Harry nova, you must be very scared –" "Im not," said Harry sincerely. "Really Mr Weasley were fine, we've been through worse.," Nova added, because Mr Weasley was looking disbelieving. "were not trying to be a hero, but seriously, Sirius Black can't be worse than Voldemort, can he?" Mr Weasley flinched at the sound of the name as the twins said it, but overlooked it. "Nova Harry, I knew you were, well, made of stronger stuff than Fudge seems to think, and I'm obviously pleased that you're not scared, but –"

"Arthur!" called Mrs Weasley, who was now shepherding the rest onto the train. "Arthur, what are you doing? It's about to go!" "their coming, Molly!" said Mr Weasley, but he turned back to the twins and kept talking in a lower and more hurried voice. "Listen, I want you to give me your word –" "– that we'll be a good boy and girl and stay in the castle?" said Harry gloomily. "Not entirely," said Mr Weasley, who looked more serious than Harry had ever seen him. "Harry, especially you nova swear to me you won't go looking for Black." Harry stared. "What?" There was a loud whistle. Guards were walking along the train, slamming all the doors shut. "Promise me, twins" said Mr Weasley, talking more quickly still, "that whatever happens –" "Why would I go looking for someone I know wants to kill me?" said Harry blankly. "Swear to me that whatever you might hear –" "Arthur, quickly!" cried Mrs Weasley. Steam was billowing from the train; it had started to move.

They ran to the compartment door and Ron threw it open and stood back to let them on. They leant out of the window and waved at Mr and Mrs Weasley until the train turned a corner and blocked them from view. "I need to talk to you in private," Nova and harry muttered to Ron and Hermione as the train picked up speed. "Go away, Ginny," said Ron. "Oh, that's nice," said Ginny huffily, and she stalked off.

Nova Harry, Ron and Hermione set off down the corridor, looking for an empty compartment, but all were full except for the one at the very end of the train. This only had one occupant, a man sitting fast asleep next to the window. Harry, Nova, Ron and Hermione checked on the threshold. The Hogwarts Express was usually reserved for students and they had never seen an adult there before, except for the witch who pushed the food trolley. The stranger was wearing an extremely shabby set of wizard's robes which had been darned in several places. He looked ill and exhausted. Though he seemed quite young, his light-brown hair flecked with grey nova stared at the man she felt drawn to as if she recognized him.