the coldness

"Who's that?" "Who's that?" "Ginny?" "Hermione?" "What are you doing?" "I was looking for Ron –" "Come in and sit down –" "Not here!" said Harry hurriedly. "I'm here!" complained nova "Ouch!" said Neville. 

"Quiet!" said a hoarse voice suddenly. 

Professor Lupin appeared to have woken up at last. Harry could hear movements in his corner. None of them spoke. There was a soft, crackling noise and a shivering light filled the compartment. Professor Lupin appeared to be holding a handful of flames. They illuminated his tired grey face, but his eyes looked alert and wary. "Stay where you are," he said, in the same hoarse voice, and he got slowly to his feet with his handful of fire held out in front of him. But the door slid slowly open before Lupin could reach it. Standing in the doorway, illuminated by the shivering flames in Lupin's hand, was a cloaked figure that towered to the ceiling. Its face was completely hidden beneath its hood. 

Nova's eyes darted downwards, and what she saw made her stomach contract. There was a hand protruding from the cloak and it was glistening, greyish, slimy-looking and scabbed, like something dead that had decayed in water ... It was visible only for a split second. As though the creature beneath the cloak sensed Her gaze, the hand was suddenly withdrawn into the folds of the black material. And then the thing beneath the hood, whatever it was, drew a long, slow, rattling breath, as though it was trying to suck something more than air from its surroundings. An intense cold swept over them all. Nova felt her own breath catch in her chest. 

The cold went deeper than her skin. It was inside her chest, it was inside her very heart ... nova's eyes rolled up into her head. she couldn't see. She was drowning in the cold. There was a rushing in her ears as though of water. She was being dragged downwards, the roaring growing louder ... And then, from far away, she heard screaming, terrible, terrified, pleading screams. she wanted to help whoever it was, she tried to move her arms, but couldn't ... a thick white fog was swirling around her, inside her – 

"Nova! Nova! Are you all right?" Someone was shaking her awake. "W-what?" Nova opened her eyes. There were lanterns above her, and the floor was shaking – the Hogwarts Express was moving again and the lights had come back on. she seemed to have slid out of her seat onto the floor. Harry, Ron and Hermione were kneeling next to her, and above them she could see Neville and Professor Lupin watching. Nova felt very sick; when she put up she felt cold sweat on her face. Ron and Harry heaved her back onto her seat. "Are you OK?" Ron asked nervously. "Yeah," said Harry, looking quickly towards the door. The hooded creature had vanished. "What happened? Where's that – that thing? Who screamed?" "see it wasn't just me who heard it." harry told his friends.

Nova looked around the bright compartment. Ginny and Neville looked back at him, both very pale. "But I heard screaming –" A loud snap made them all jump. Professor Lupin was breaking an enormous slab of chocolate into pieces. 

"Here," he said to Harry and Nova, handing them a particularly large piece. "Eat it. It'll help." Harry took the chocolate but didn't eat it while nova didnt hesitate to eat it all. "What was that thing?" he asked Lupin. "A Dementor," said Nova interrupting Lupin, who was now giving chocolate to everyone else. "One of the Dementors of Azkaban." Everyone stared at her. Professor Lupin crumpled up the empty chocolate wrapper and put it in his pocket. "Eat," he repeated. "It'll help. I need to speak to the driver, excuse me ..." He strolled past Harry and disappeared into the corridor.

when the professor he made sure to check up on the twins "We'll be at Hogwarts in ten minutes," said Professor Lupin. "Are you all right, Harry?" Harry didn't ask how Professor Lupin knew his name. "Fine," he muttered, embarrassed "And you.." he trailed off waiting for nova's name. "Nova evans sir." the man froze it wasn't possible it couldn't be her she gone. They didn"t talk much during the remainder of the journey.