𝚅𝙸. 𝙳𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚙 𝙳𝚒𝚜𝚙𝚞𝚝𝚎

🪴

🪴

The next day at the dealership, Violet and Robby are working up a sweat while doing chores for karate training. Even though Violet already went through that training years ago, Daniel is having her do it again to practice the fundamentals after not training for so long. They just got done waxing the cars on the lot, feeling relief that it's finally over.

"Daniel, we're all done." Violet says, out of breath.

"Really?" he gives her a look and jabs his thumb behind him. "Both lots?"

Their faces fall as they look out to the other lot that's full of cars needing to be waxed. Violet had forgotten about those.

"This is bullshit. I thought you were gonna teach me karate, I'm just doing all your shitty chores." Robby snaps as he walk away.

Violet picks up her speed to catch up with him. "I know right now it just seems like chores but trust me, it will all make sense later."

"How?" Robby asks.

"It's hard to explain. You have to experience it for yourself." Violet explains, getting started on a car.

Later that night, Violet watches as Robby experiences it for the first time.

After practicing 'wax on wax off' and 'wash the window', Daniel gets into a fighting stance.

"Aits!" he shouts.

Just like he did with Violet a few days earlier, he throws punches and kicks at Robby without warning. Robby blocks them all, using the techniques he didn't realize he had been learning.

Robby is stunned as everything starts making sense. "Woah."

Violet claps as they bow. "Believe us now?" she asks with a teasing smile.

"Yeah." Robby chuckles. "That was awesome."

"All of those 'shitty chores' were helping you learn muscle memory." Daniel explains. "You practice those techniques and they become second nature."

"I think he's ready for the next part." Violet says, looking at Daniel.

Daniel nods. "I think so too."

"What's the next part?" Robby asks.

"We'll show you tomorrow at work." Violet smiles.