𝚇𝚇𝚇𝙸𝙸. 𝙴𝚗𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚍

🪴

🪴

"Oh, shit." Jonas whispers to Sam and Miguel as they watch Violet walk into training. "She does not look good."

"She and Robby broke up, that's why." Sam tells him. "I couldn't understand most of what she told me, but from what I gathered it was horrible."

"Should she even be here?" Miguel asks in genuine concern. "She doesn't look ready to train."

Violet takes a deep sigh, walking over to the group. "I can hear you. Yes, I'm aware I look like shit. I feel as shitty as I look but I'm training, and that's that. Let's just not talk about it, 'kay?"

She walks out into the yard, taking her place early. Daniel frowns as he looks at her, noticing her tired, sad disposition. Her eyes are rid of their usual sparkle, looking dark and empty. She's looking down at the ground, holding her hands behind her back as she kicks a rock around with her shoe. When normally she would be smiling and talking with everyone else.

"Hey, sweetheart." Daniel's voice makes her look up. "Sam told me what happened. If you don't feel like being here today, I understand."

"No, I'm fine." she answers quietly.

"It's okay to not be okay, Vivi. Just go home and rest for today, okay?"

"I said I'm fine." Violet insists, her tone firm. "I want to be here."

Daniel nods and leaves her alone, realizing he's not going to change her mind. The rest of the students file out of the dojo into their spots in the yard as the Senseis take the front.

"Sensei Lawrence and I have the same goal of preparing you for the tournament." Daniel starts. "But we have different ways of getting you there." Johnny cuts in. "We realize that teaching you opposing view points at the same time can be a little confusing."

"So we've discussed it and came up with a solution. We're gonna divide and conquer. Eagle Fang trains out front!" Johnny explains. "And I'll be back here with the Miyagi-Dos." Daniel says.

"I thought we were stronger working together?" Miguel speaks up.

"We're still working together." Daniel nods.

"Just separately, on opposite ends of the dojo." Johnny says, making the kids look at each other. "Alright eagles, follow me!"

Johnny starts walking towards the front, his students following him, as the Miyagi-Dos follow Daniel into the dojo. Everyone sits on the mat cross-legged as Daniel kneels before them.