𝚇𝙻𝙸𝚅. 𝚆𝚎𝚕𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚁𝚎𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚙𝚜

🪴

🪴

Violet groans in annoyance as a knock on the door interrupts her watching Dazed and Confused for what is probably the millionth time. She throws her blanket off of her and sets her box of white cheddar cheez its down, going over to the door and looking out the peep hole.

It's Robby.

Nope, not doing this today.

She goes back to the couch, getting comfortable again and turning the tv up a little louder as Robby continues knocking.

"Violet, I know you're in there. Your car's outside and I can hear Matthew McConaughey." Robby's voice comes through the other side of the door.

Shit.

Violet gets back up, angrily marching over the door, unlocking it, and opening it harshly. "What?"

"Can we talk." Robby says, a pleading look in his eye. "Please."

"I don't think we have anything to talk about."

"I know you don't, but I do." Robby says. "Can you hear me out?"

Violet sighs, realizing it probably won't hurt. At least, hopefully not. "Fine. Come in."

Robby walks into the apartment, awkwardly taking a seat in the living room chair as Violet slumps back onto the couch and looks at him silently, waiting for him to speak.

"I came to apologize. I know I've hurt you a lot these past few months. Some things I know that no matter what I say, I can't take it back or fix it." Robby starts twiddling his thumbs nervously, forcing himself to keep looking at her. "But I am sorry, and there was no good reason for how I've treated you. All I can say for myself is I was hurting and I got so lost in my anger that all I knew the past few months is hate. I'm not in Cobra Kai anymore so things are starting to get better and I'm not angry anymore. So I was hoping we could try to be friends again?"

"I, um, I appreciate that." Violet swallows the nervous lump that builds in her throat as she thinks about what else she should say. She wasn't expecting all of that. "But it's gonna take time for trust to build so we can even get close to the way things were before."

"I know." Robby nods. "I hate myself for letting my hate for everyone else and the world get in the way of my love for you."

Violet fights the burn building up in her throat that's coming with the urge to cry. "I-I don't even know what to say."