Chapter 7 ~ The Plan

It's been a week since I got my stitches

It's been a week since I got my stitches. Ezhil and Arjun body visit often using the marriage as excuse. I always noticed that there was some tension between Ezhil and Arjun.

There was a silent cold war going on between them. Is it because of me?

Tomorrow is Arjun's wedding. Aarthi was being so rude to me that she's going to be the first daughter in law and main consort of Arjun.

It was night and I was wearing a heavy dress that I couldn't sleep with. Cons of being so rich?

I've always been so bored here. I felt a world without any technology. But, there was cons of being in ancient world too.

A simple mistake would lead to worse punishment. Worse than death! Yesterday, a man tried to steal Aarthi's necklace and he was burnt alive.

Tomorrow is going to be an exhaustive day. I don't want tomorrow to come sooner. A guard halted near me when I was about to leave.

"The king want to see you.", After informing he left.

I went to see my father where everyone was assembled talking or we can say arguing about something.

"What happened?", As soon as I asked this question, everyone who was arguing stopped. Everyone was looking at me like I was an alien.

"You're going to marry someone in the same stage where Prince Arjun and Arthi gets married.", The main consort announced.

My eyes widened at hearing that. I looked at father whose eyes were showing a lot of concern to me. Or maybe Ezhil is going to marry me tomorrow? No way!

"Who?", I asked and a smirk grew in the corner of her lips.

"Arjun's big father.", She said which made me gasp.

"You mean, Arjun's father's elder brother.. you're marrying me off to an old man?", I literally yelled at top of my lungs.

"When the marriage proposal was talked by elders, I said I would marry you to Arjun's big father. In return they agreed to marry Aarthi to Arjun. Now, there's nothing in my hand that I can do."

She did it purposely. She was playing double game all day.

"Then, I won't marry that old man. I don't care about Aarthi's life. I'm selfish and I care about only me.", I admitted the truth.

"You are marrying! You think I will give up on my daughter's so easily?", She asked with smirk.

"If you don't marry that old man, your father's kingdom will not be his. It will be conquered. We will be on streets.. so, better marry him and don't bother us.", The main consort said with smirk.

I looked at Aarthi who was laughing at me.

"I don't care about my kingdom. I would rather sleep in street rather than pushing my daughter to hell. Listen to me! I'm keeping you inside this mansion only because you're mother of my daughter Aarthi. You forgot Thara is my daughter too. You will be punished.", Dad warned the main consort.