Chapter 43 ~ Explain Yourself

"She's really good at cooking up stories

"She's really good at cooking up stories.", The emperor said.

Tharun's look was enough to make the emperor gulp his saliva.

"Father, I know you make pretty women lay beside you to satisfy yourself. Not just now but since I was a child. I never expected you'd do this with your own daughter-in-law. She's like your daughter and you-"

"Tharun, I said she's cooking up a story. Why wouldn't you believe me?"

"Because the nail scratches in her arms shows that you misbehaved with her.", Tharun said.

"Look at me, son. She inflicted herself to gain sympathy from you and Arjun. Don't fall on her trap.", He said.

"So, can you tell me you have never misbehaved with any women?", He asked and the emperor kept mum.

Because, he cannot say lie when the truth is infront of his eyes.

Even though it was hard for me to believe the emperor have been misbehaving with women for years. If someone told me this few days ago, I would've laughed.

"Tell me, father. Have you never misbehaved with any other women?"

"Wait, Tharun. That was when I was drunk. I wasn't in my senses and-"

"And you forced yourself into them.", He finished his father's sentence.

"Why the heck you don't wanna believe me?"

"Maybe because you're not a trustworthy person. You're the one who ran behind many women when mother was alive right? Now, after she's dead, you're claiming you love her so much?"

"Yeah, I do, Tharun."

"It's not even a week since mother died. Look at what you did."

"Yes! I did it! What do you want to do about it now!?", The emperor yelled in frustration.

"I don't have rights to involve in it. Arjun will be the one who's going to decide."

"You forgot something, Tharun. I'm the emperor of this whole dynasty. There's no Arjun without me.", Saying this, he left with the soldiers following him.

Then Tharun faced me and looked at my pathetic condition.

"I will order the soldiers to get you food. Do you want any medicine?", He asked and I gave a silent nod.

"And, don't worry about my father. I will make sure he won't come near you until Arjun comes back."

"Does Arjun believe me?", I asked with tears brimming in my eyes.

"I am not sure. Since he has left to Chola kingdom, it's clear that he wants to find out the real truth. By talking to him, the only thing I observed is... He loves you. He loves you so damn much that he's ready to do anything for you."