Chapter 50 ~ New Life

I gasped as I got up clutching my stomach

I gasped as I got up clutching my stomach. I looked down as there was no blood found in my stomach.

How's it possible?

I looked around and I was not in the war land anymore. I was in... My room? The alarm in my phone rang and that's when I realised I came back to the present.

I don't know if I should feel happy or sad about it. My room door opener all of sudden and entered the man who first invented the time machine.

"You're up?", He asked suprised yet shocked.

"I-I'm in present?", I asked and he nodded.

"Where's my watch?", Was his first question.

"I lost it.", I said blankly getting ready for getting scolded.

"Then how did you come back?", He asked.

Yeah, how did I come back?

"I- I think I-"

"You died in past?", He asked and it was correct I guess.

I remember the last words I said. I'm going to die anyways..

"Yes, I died.", I said realised that I came back to the present because I had died in the past.

"Why are you in my home?", I asked shockingly.

"I come here every week hoping that you'd come back and return me my time machine.", He said. Guilt crept through me. I lost the watch he had Struggled to make.

"Your watch.. shit, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to lose it. I met a bitch in that timeline and she was the one who threw it on fire and I couldn't do anything..", I sincerely apologized.

He entered inside and sat in the edge of my bed looking into me.

"You know what? In these days, I realised something very bad. This time machine will do nothing but ruin the entire world. If I hand it to the government, even the government would misuse this watch if there's a war or something else. It's good that the past remains past and the future remains future."

"What do you mean?"

"Even if you had bought the watch back, I would've broken it into pieces so that no one can misuse it.", He said.

We stayed silent for few minutes.

"How many days it's been since I left?"

"Almost one year."

"I'm sorry.", I apologized once more because I couldn't help it. I was still feeling guilty.

"Also, your phone was constantly ringing again and again whenever I visited your home. I used to put it in charger and attend the call, your sister would ask where are you and I would reply that you had left the city for higher studies."