Chapter 27 ~ Farewell

His face changed when I questioned him why he ignored me for past 2 days

His face changed when I questioned him why he ignored me for past 2 days. It was really a necessary explanation he should give me.

"It was you who talked about my mother. I don't care when you talk about Aarthi or others. But, it really hurts when you talk bad about my mother. She's my mother after all. And I don't like my wife talking bad about my mother."

"But you don't care about your mother talking about me. Am I right?"

"No. It's not like that. She's elder and treat almost everyone like she treats you. She's a empress and your mother-in-law whom you should respect, right?"

"Don't tell me you forgot how she tried to marry me off to an old man..", I said shaking my head in disbelief.

"She just used my life as a deal. She put on a deal with my life in return she'll marry you to Aarthi. And that bitchy queen accepted!", I added.

"And I'm not supporting it. You know when everyone started spreading the rumor that Aarthi will be marrying me as main consort and you'll be my concubine, I fought with my mother regarding that and finally came to an decision to marry her as side consort. Because, no one will ever marry her if everyone knows she loved me for 9 years.."

Bipolar Bastard!

"But, I still don't like you marrying multiple woman.", I said calmly.

"I already said you're my priority.."

"Okay. Now, talk about Ezhil.. why did he try to-"

"He's just mad. Became mad in his obsession. I will make sure to teach him a good lesson..", he said and I smiled.

"What are you going to tell the empress about your brother?"

"The truth. I need to make her know the true face of her son.."

"What if she supports him?"

"If she does, I'll surely stand by your side.. Fine?", he said and I nodded.

Don't make me lose my trust on you..

"Does it hurt somewhere else?"

"No", I said and he nodded. At the same time main consort and Aarthi entered into the room. I didn't react as I know they're going to bark again.

"What happened to my sister, Arjun?", Aarthi asked in a mocking tone looking at me. The nerve of her!

"You know it!", I grumbled in a harsh tone. The empress glared at me for being rude to her so-called daughter-in-law.

"Just learn to respect everyone.", The empress growled at me.

"Teach it to your beloved favorite daughter-in-law. She's the one who's talking in a mocking tone."

"Leave it", Arjun yelled and everything became silent.

"Who did this to her?", The empress asked emotionless. Curiosity kills a cat!