Chapter 41 ~ New Friend

I don't know how long I'm here

I don't know how long I'm here. I don't even know if it's day or night. All I know is, it's all dark and I wasn't fed a long time by now.

I don't know if life could be any worse than this but I believe Tamizh will come back for me.

I was hungry, tired and frustrated. The eerie silence is more scarier than anything. It's enough to freak someone out.

The only think that bothers me the most is, Arjun didn't believe me. I can't expect someone to believe after they saw me with the knife full of blood but he could've tried to listen me.

He didn't do anything. So dumb of me believing that he'll come to me any sooner and ask me what really happened in there.

But, I know it could never be possible because he firmly believe that I'm the cause for everything.

I feel so down and I have no idea how to refresh my mind. Each and every minute, I'm scared about what they're going to do to me if there's no evidence I didn't commit that mistake.

That's when the lights suddenly turned on. I peeked out of the rusted rods where the soldiers were dragging a man towards an open room which was visible from here.

He looked so weak and looks like he hadn't had proper food for months.

He was finally forcefully dragged inside the room and there was a chair and a hangman's knot that was fixed in the ceiling properly.

My eyes widened at that. The man was got up the chair where his face was full of tears and fear. He was literally begging the soldiers to leave him.

Then the next thing I heard was the stool falling on the floor as I saw the man struggling. The rope was clenching around his neck.

I took a step back and started breathing heavily due to fear. After few seconds of struggling, he completely stopped moving which indicated that he's dead.

My knees gave up and I fell on the floor as I moved to the farthest corner of the cell. My breath hitched each time when I look at that lifeless body.

One day, I'll be in this position too?

Thinking about it gives me a feeling that killing myself is better than dying in their hands but I'm not that brave to do so.

I broke into tears again letting my heart out, hiccuping continuously.

The cell returns back to darkness again as the soldiers exit the basement leaving the body hanged like that which sent shivers down my spine.

I continued to sob in the silence.

"Are you crying?", I heard an unrecognisable male voice.

"Who are you?", I asked softly.

"They put me in jail for killing my stepfather.", He said and I frowned.