Chapter 45 ~ List

As soon as I entered my room, I started break everything that I laid my eyes on

As soon as I entered my room, I started break everything that I laid my eyes on. I was mad. Beyond mad to be honest.

"What the- are you mad, Arjun!?", Tharun yelled preventing me from breaking those things.

"Yes, I am!"

"What happened? Did you enquire Aarthi?"

"Yes, I did. She said she was in palace. But, I refused to believe her and enquired all the maids and soldiers who were in her palace. They all saw her in the palace and said that there's no chance of Aarthi being in the ceremony.", I explained and he frowned.

"You sure?"

"Yes I am!"

"Calm down, Arjun."

"First, I saw her with a knife with my mom laying on the ground lifeless. I was having hope and I didn't believe it. Now, I enquired each and everyone in that palace and they are damn sure that Aarthi was in palace. Now, tell me, Tharun. Should I believe her even after this?"

"But, she's your wife, Ar-"

"Yeah she is. That is why I went 1000 miles away to find out if her words were true but it was not."

"I don't know what to say.", He said shooking his head still not believing that Thara could've done such things.

I plopped on the bed and tried hard not to cry but anyways a tear slipped my eyes.

She had always been the reason behind my crying. Maybe because she was the only person I love the most but everything is out of hand right now.

"But, Thara keeps saying it was Aarthi. Why would she point out Aarthi. If she wants to escape, she could've pointed out someone who's believed to live in here. Why would she blame someone who's 1000 miles away?"

It made sense. Why would she blame someone who's believed to be 1000 miles away. I looked at Tharun.

"There's only one way to check this out. If Aarthi was here, someone should've seen her in the ceremony. In the crowd of thousands of people, atleast one of them should've noticed Aarthi's presence, am I right?", I said and he nodded.

"That's right. If Thara noticed her, there should surely be some other people who noticed her."

"First, order our most trusted soldiers to enquire the maids and other soldiers if they had seen her. Also, one can enter the palace only with the invitation. Take the list of all people who was checked inside the palace with the invitation.", I said and he nodded.

"You're planning on to ask each and everyone. People think Thara is dead. If you enquire about her, they would suspect her death, wouldn't they?"

"They would. They surely would suspect if she's still alive or dead but we can't let truth fall apart if we think about them."