Chapter 23 ~ Fever

We soon reached the palace and I was excited to see Aarthi and empress's reaction

"You want me to carry you to our room?", His voice came up.

"No. I think Tamizh will do it. I'm a burden to you anyway.", I said mocking him.

"No. You aren't. I'll carry you to our room.", He said.

"If anyone dared to talk bad about my sister, I'll slit their throat and take back my sister to her palace.", Tamizh said and Arjun turned his head.

"What if it's empress or his wives?", I asked earning an angry glare from Arjun.

"Don't involve my mother. It's the last time I'm saying you this.", He said pointing both me and Tamizh. I got up from his lap and rested my head on the seat.

My head was hurting badly. My body was aching. His lap was more comfortable than these silk seats. But, I'm angry at him. He is only supporting his mother. He doesn't really care what bad deeds she is doing.

"You don't really care what your mother does. Am I right?", I gutted to ask him finally. He stayed silent.

We got out of the carriage. Arjun once again carried me in bridal style. Tamizh was holding the grip of the sword ready to slit the throats of people.

"Just take your hands off the sword before I take my sword.", Arjun said while carrying me inside.

As we reached inside, I saw the empress and Aarthi chitchatting while eating fruits. I smirked at her as I held Arjun more closer and tighter to my body.

They both stood up shocked. They trotted towards us angrily as Tamizh took out the sword from his scabbard.

"Why did you let this bitch inside?", The empress yelled. Arjun gave a pleasing expression to Tamizh to put the sword back to his scabbard. Tamizh didn't..

"Well. Arthi, tell our guards to take the guards immediately to our palace.", Arjun said distracting them.

"What? Why is she here first of all? Answer me and I will tell the guards to get the doctor.", Aarthi was gritting her teeth in anger seeing me.

I looked at Tamizh and winked signalling him to threaten her which was unnoticed by Arjun. Suddenly there was Tamizh's sword's sharp edge was on Aarthi's throat.

"Tamizh!", Arjun yelled.

"Nor your mother or Aarthi doesn't want her here. I don't think she'll be happy here. Send her with me.", Tamizh said. I could see an unreadable expression on Arjun's face.

"But, I'm there. I can take care-", Arjun was cut off by Tamizh

"You can't. You really can't."

"Let's talk about it later. She's sick now and I'll take her to bed.", Arjun said and Tamizh nodded without any choice.