Chapter 30 ~ Selection Process

Finally, it's been a week and Aarthi got released yesterday

Finally, it's been a week and Aarthi got released yesterday. I was getting ready because today is the first selection process to choose the next emperor and I was hoping Arjun would win.

Ezhil couldn't participate because the emperor ordered not to. His order was indeed a right thing, cause an attempt rapist cannot be the next emperor.

Aarthi and those three witches were glaring at me the whole day which I totally ignored. Arjun already left to the ground ordering his soldiers to get me there safely.

It was a great humiliation for Aarthi as she couldn't order around the maids like she did before. It was because of me and I had no regrets in it.

I was wearing a beautiful red dress because last night, he said red was more suitable for me and it seems like it was made for me. I was such a blushing mess yesterday. I match the red dress with gold jewels and minimal makeup with curled hair.

I made my way outside the room where I saw four of his trusted soldiers were waiting to escort me

I made my way outside the room where I saw four of his trusted soldiers were waiting to escort me. Since there will be many people present there, he appointed more soldiers to take care of me.

Did he do the same for Aarthi? I don't know about that, but I would be kinda jealous if he did. I made my way to the horse carriage and got in.

The carriage started moving where I could see the village people enjoying. They were excited to see who's gonna win the first step of selection process.

As they saw my carriage moving, most of them bowed and greeted me where I replied them with a warm smile and little children were offering me flowers and commented that I was beautiful.

I was surprised that the whole village was respecting me. Soon, I reached the ground and saw 13 princes standing on the ground. My eyes stuck at Arjun and I waved my hand where he smiled at me.

God! His smile!

More than 10 soldiers were guarding me as I took a special seat where the emperor and empress were seated. There were other daughters-in-law of the emperor and empress seated beside me.