Chapter 9 ~ Officially Married

Hear the music in loop while reading this chapter. It will be a soothing song even if you don't understand the language..

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

I have no idea what I should do now. I'm in a situation where I should marry Arjun or marry an old man. But, when I think about marrying Arjun, I feel bad that I'm going to betray someone even if they're my rival.

I know well that everyone deserved to be loved and get their loved ones. Am I going to snatch someone's love? It's con for both Arjun, me and Aarthi.

Yeah. I hate Aarthi. I could take my revenge now by marrying Arjun. But, I'm not like her to do so. The words I told her when we were in the cart was only for the sake to make her mad. I didn't at all mean those words.

"Please listen to me. Arjun is going to live a fake life if he marries Aarthi. As for Ezhil, he's just obsessed with me. I remember, when you were young, you kissed a boy's hand of your age who you just considered as your friend. But, Ezhil broke his ribs for that. He just almost killed him for your fault. You were dumb to listen me that Ezhil is not a right man for you. Listen me atleast once.", Tamizh said.

Ezhil is...obsessed with me? What if he kills me if I marry Arjun. How would he leave me marry that old man while he's obsessed with me?

I'm damn sure that Ezhil is gonna do something. Something worse than Aarthi and main consort planned.

I was so confused. I don't know what I should do next. Should I say yes or no?

"I-I..", I was stammering. I couldn't form a sentence as they looked at me.

"I know it's hard. It's hard to decide in just a minute. But, you don't have a choice. The marriage is in 20 minutes. Decide fast!", Tamizh said.

"Can you tell me something? Why was I given a veil when it's not in the traditional? Did you plan to marry me to Arjun before itself?", I asked as it clicked in my mind all of sudden.

"Father said so. He thought of switching the bride. I mean replace someone else and she would marry that old man and Aarthi will marry Arjun as she wished. But, mother said that it is a sin. So, we dropped that plan.", He said honestly.

I was rewinding everything that happened in just 1 week. My life turned upside down and I got end up in somewhere I don't know.

Now, I have to marry someone whom I only know for one week. He might have known me for years. But, I know him one week. Only one week!

"What should I do now.", I finally surrendered without any choice.

"Put on the veil. Mother will manage to pursue them that our astrologer suggested the groom to not look at bride's face while marrying.", Tamizh said.