Chapter 4

"Samantha Beales!" I heard Ian shout from his room upstairs. "Come here! NOW!" He screeched making me twitch a little.

I ran upstairs to find my flat mate standing in front of his window.

"What's the matter?" I tried to catch my breath.

 "When were you going to tell me that Mr. Sizzle-Pants just drove you back home?" Ian slowly turned around and crossed his skinny arms over his flat chest, frowning at me furiously.

 "I literally just got in!"

 "Sit." He waved to his bed. "Tell me all!"

 I plunged into the soft mattress and fell back in his messy sheets. "I think I like him." I closed my eyes and inhaled, hoping that I'll be able to smell Dorian's musk on me. Ian's aftershave didn't help me concentrate on one scent I needed to linger for longer.

Ian sat on the foot of his bed and leaned back, studying my face in silence. He listened for my panting for a minute then laid next to me. "What was he like? What's his name?"

 "His name is Dorian King." I trailed off his name in a low pitch.

 "Get outta here!" Ian chuckled astonished, "Dorian as in Dorian Gray?"

 "My reaction was the same. It's not everyday you meet a Dorian. Especially not a gorgeous one like that!" I could no longer contain my excitement. "He was so gentle, so understanding. He didn't ask too many questions, he just..." I heaved and opened my eyes. "He gazed at me as if he was looking into my soul rather than into my eyes."

 "How did it feel to have a stranger so close to you?" Ian knew all my phobias and paranoia. I couldn't hide anything from him.

 "At first, I thought I'll have a heart attack. And I actually did. Probably ten or twenty times in the first fifteen minutes. But he resurrected me into a brighter, more beautiful life. All of a sudden, I think I'm not afraid any more." Although deep down, I still felt fear and utter dismay, I was determined to at least see what this Dorian King can offer me as a man and most importantly, as a friend.

 "Oh, Sam..." Ian exhaled and turned on his elbow to face me, "I'm so happy for you. We need to celebrate. Tonight!" His face turned bright red with incitement.

 "I can't." I bit my lower lip and smirked at him, "I'm going on a date with him later tonight at seven."

 Ian shot up from bed and waved his hands in the air, then clapped loudly. "My girl's going on a date? My Sam is finally going on a date with a man! I praise Dorian Gray and Oscar Wilde for Dorian King!"

I laughed hoarsely and sat up straight, "Shh! He might hear us from here."

 "My girl is going on a date..." Ian repeated himself in a whisper like a madman with his dark eyes furrowing into long thin lines.

 "I'll need to start getting ready soon. How was your shampoo ad audition, by the way?"

 "It went shit, as expected. Apparently I need to grow my hair first." Ian exclaimed, "I think I'll die working as a bartender."

I knew he wouldn't get the role and as I mentioned earlier to Callum, Ian's hair is definitely not for a shampoo commercial. "You won't. You'll be luckier next time. I'm sure."

  Before I ran out of Ian's room, I turned at him one last time, "I'll need you to help me pick an attire for tonight. I have no idea how girls dress up for their first dates nowadays!"

  "With pleasure." He smiled and ran to me, then wrapped his arms around my shoulders. "You deserve to be happy, baby."