Chapter 18

Author's Note:

Don't read this part if you're under the age of 16. The material bellow might be too explicit for sensitive minds.

We left the bar not long after the kiss. We've decided to catch a cab back home as we were both under the influence. Although my veins were infected by a capricious kiss rather than alcohol, I still couldn't take the risk of driving and neither did Dorian.

"I'll call you next week once I've arranged the departure for New York." Dorian said as we stood outside my house, uncomfortably looking at our shoes.

"Sounds good." I smiled through pressed lips then leaned in to kiss him goodnight before he shot back.

"Have a good night, Samantha." He threw me a short glance then walked across the street with his hands in the pockets.

I bit my bottom lip so hard I felt a blood trickling down the sensitive skin. Somehow, the physical pain was so much more bearable than that of an aching heart. Swinging the doors open, I heard a quiet chatter and giggles coming from the kitchen. Yanking my shoes to the corner in the hallway, I tiptoed next door only to find Ian, Callum and Jack casually sitting around the table with a bottle of bourbon in the middle.

"Sam, we were just talking about you." Ian jumped from his seat and ran across the kitchen to wrap his arms around my shoulders. He stank of cheap bourbon and I wasn't in a mood of a friendly chit-chat. "How did it go?" He looked at me, holding me at an arm's length.

"Good." I lied.

"Don't bullshit me." Ian exhaled in a quiet scowl then added in a cheerful grimace not to cause any unwanted attention from Jack and Callum. "Join us!"

"I was about to go take a shower and crawl into bed." I admitted and leaned to the wall, feeling my legs weaken.

"Nonsense." Jack interrupted then strode up to me, smiling from ear-to-ear. "We were indulging in some of the finest fruits from the basket I brought you earlier. Come and try it otherwise there won't be any left, right boys?" He turned at Callum and Ian, who were now sitting next to each other with their hands entwined in a strong knot.

I couldn't say no even if I wanted to. "Ok, just for a little while. Then I'm off to bed." I tried to squeeze a smile but figured there was no point in denying the obvious disappointment to myself. As soon as I sat down, Ian passed me an empty glass for bourbon.

"I think I'm good." I declined politely.

"Don't let us boys feel weird when a girl doesn't drink when offered." Callum flashed a wide grin at me leaving me no other choice but to smile and nod.

'Screw this' I thought to myself,'I'll rather drop drunk than cry myself to sleep.'

Jack decided to move chairs and sit right beside me. I didn't dare to look at him, let alone speak about anything else other than my disastrous date with his cousin, so I kept my mouth shut for the matter of time.

"Did you have fun with Dorian?" Jack's question came out rather ironically blunt.

"Yes, we had couple of drinks." I shot back quickly and downed half of the bourbon in my glass feeling every bit of alcohol burning my intestines. Furrowing, I looked at Ian and decided to distract the topic by changing it. "Haven't you got work in few hours?"

"I took a night off. Callum and I decided I work too much." He replied with a chuckle then whispered something to his partner, which made them both giggle childishly.

At least they had it all in a perfect harmony. I couldn't help but feel a little bit jealous of their adoring relationship. With wedding on the way, they looked extremely happy and content with their future. And where do I stand? I have Dorian, who I'm beginning to think have fallen in love with me and then I have Jack, who I'm starting to think I like more. Where's the rationality and sane mind in all of this?