Chapter 13

"Samantha." Dorian's voice came from the distance over the loud drumming of my heart, "Hey." He waved in front of my face and when my legs could no longer support my weight, he noticed my tremble and wrapped his hand around my waist. Guiding me up to Ian's bed, he sat me down and brought his hand up to my chin, raising my face up to his eye level. "I called the cops. They'll be here in a minute."

"You what?!" I shot up back on my feet and ran to the window across the room. "He'll kill Ian, Dorian! It said on the note!" Tears streamed down my cheeks in an uncontrollable sob. 

Dorian stood up and strode up to me, wiping my tears with the back of his hand. "Calm down, there's nothing else we can do."

"Yes, there is!" I screamed at him, chocking on tears. "I will call the number Daniel wrote on that note and meet him. If anything happens to Ian..." 

"I assure you, Daniel won't do anything to Ian. He wants you not him. If he kills your friend, he won't have any leverage left for him to manipulate you with. Somehow Daniel knew what Ian meant for you that's why he's playing the nastiest card so far." Dorian spoke collectedly, wrapping his fingers around my shoulder into a steady grip.  

I stood inches away from Dorian's face and as much as I wanted to believe him, I couldn't. He let go of my shoulder and tapped something in his cell, then brought it up to his ear. "Hi, Jack. Come to Samantha's as soon as you can."

Great, a party in the kitchen again but this time with the police as well! My mind was racing, heart pounding anxiously and hands shaking in an hysteria that was about to claim me all. 

"I want you to stay here with Jack whilst I go with cops." Dorian said and marched out the room. 

"No way, I'm coming too! You can't expect me to sit here and do nothing!" I squealed and ran after him.

Dorian was half way down the stairs, when he turned around to look at me. "Jack will try and trace the caller ID once you call Daniel. Cops will be useless unless we know for sure where he's hiding Ian."

"Are you serious? Why in the God's name did you call the police then?"

"To prove that scumbag we're not afraid." Dorian shot back and ran up to the doors where Jack stood, about to knock on the door. "Come in."

"Hi, Sam." Jack waved with a comforting smile forming his lips. "What's up?"

"I need you to stay with Samantha," Dorian grabbed his car keys I left in a small metal plate in the hallway, "Daniel's got Ian."

"Who's Ian?" Jack rose his eyes at me.

"My best friend." I breathed out and swallowed past a thick lump in my throat. "I'll tell you everything, Jack. Go, Dorian. Please hurry!"

"You called the cops?" Jack looked around his shoulder as a black and white police vehicle pulled up in our street.