Chapter 8

Ian was out to L.A. and the house seemed dead quiet when we stepped through the door. Dorian entered the house first and checked if we were really alone. When it was safe to say that the cat was the only occupant at that moment, I could suddenly breathe a little easier. I couldn't wait to run myself a bath and plunge under lathering water for hours. Seeing Daniel for the first time since that night, made me feel dirty throughout. My entire body, inside and out, was contaminated by this disgusting human being. I wouldn't call him a man, or a person. He was not more than an animal who didn't deserve a single glance up his way.

"I'll be right here." Dorian spoke, bringing me back to him from a long thought, "I hope you don't mind me making myself comfortable on your couch."

I shook my head and tried to smile but felt like my lips weren't meant to give out any positive reaction to anything anymore.

"I'll make you some tea, if you'd like." He offered and dropped his bag on the floor.

"The kitchen is on your left." I said, feeling utterly drained. "I'll be down in an hour or so."

"Take your time." Dorian nodded and brushed his finger just above my elbow, making me twitch unexpectedly.

It was somewhat reassuring at an entirely new level to know that I have a personal body guard who would do anything to protect me. I still wasn't certain whether his intentions were as innocent as they seemed, I felt safe with Dorian nonetheless. At least I wanted to be.

Upstairs, I locked myself in the bathroom and started to undress whilst the hot water was slowly filling the bathtub. I poured some shower gel and sea-salt minerals to make the lather and when I was ready to step into a nice relaxing bath, I heard my phone vibrate in the pocket of my jacket that I just threw on the tiles. It was a call from an unknown number.

"Hello?" I answered, clearing my throat and not thinking much of it.

"The pretty boyfriend won't be able to protect you forever, Sam. At some point, he'll have to let you out of his sight and that is when I'll strike."

My heart skipped a beat and I could hardly breathe. Panting heavily, I succumbed on my knees, feeling every single emotion fill my entire gist. I held the phone pressed onto my ear but couldn't babble any words out.

"I know you're listening, little cunt. And I swear to you, I'll make your life as miserable as you made mine sending me to jail. Tell your lover boy Dorian King his blue hoodie matches perfectly to his blue eyes. I'll definitely see you around, Sam." He hissed and the line broke.

Tears started pouring and a desperate howl escaped my lungs. This isn't happening! How in the God's name does he know what Dorian is wearing at the very moment if he changed into his clothes just moments ago? I never told him Dorian's name so how the hell does he know all this? Another loud cry echoed down the steamed bathroom and I've noticed the water overflowing the tub. I hurried to turn the taps off when my feet slipped on wet tiles and I came flying all the way to my back, hitting my head to the sink cabinet.

"Samantha?" I heard Dorian shout my name, "Are you ok?"