Chapter 20

My heart started racing to the point I nearly succumbed on my knees. What do I say to the man who so openly offers me to be his? I threw a polite smirk at his silhouette in the window and went to my cell. Hitting a reply button to Dorian's message, I stared at the empty message box for quite some time. Debating what to say in return, I could only think of one thing to reply and so my fingers started quickly tapping the letters. 

"Let's meet tomorrow for breakfast at your place. Goodnight."

There was quite a lot I had to say to Dorian but at the same time, my mind went blank in an instant so I kept the text message at the minimum. He doesn't need to know what I'm going through right now. I only prayed that Jack didn't share tonight's misinterpretation of a failure with him. I'd be fucked, abruptly speaking. 

Not long after I've hit the send button, Dorian replied. 

"I hope I didn't scare you. If so, please forgive me."

He left me no other choice but to reply to his message. 

"You didn't...

I bit my lip and raised my eyes to the window but I was too afraid to approach it again. Thinking how to politely end the conversation, I quickly tapped "hope you sleep well" and hit send. Turning the cell off, I placed it on the nightstand and went back to bed. I kept thinking if Dorian replied but fought off the instinctive force to power the phone back on. Squeezing my eyes shut, I wandered off into a tale-like fantasy wish, where I'd be a queen and Dorian would be my king. Literally, with the name of his being a fairytale itself. Unwillingly, a wearing smile formed the corners of my lips and I drifted off to a night filled with nightmares as my consciousness left me no other choice but to face my demons off guard. 

I woke up drenched in cold sweat, shivering under the several layers of blankets over me. Ian must have been to my room to cover me in my sleep. Sometimes he was too good of a friend, I don't know what I'd do without him in my life. Wiping the wet strands of hair out of my face, I sat up and glanced at the clock at a far end of the room. It was already past eleven and I've missed breakfast with Dorian. 

"Damn!" I cursed out loud then lazily climbed out of bed and turned my cell back on. 

Whilst it was powering on, I've decided to grab a quick shower then got dressed for the day. Sundays were usually lazy days in front of a TV with Meow or Ian if he had weekends off work. Right before I left the bedroom to check on my best friend, cell started buzzing with incoming texts one after another. I thought it'll fall down from the nightstand with the amount of vibration coming through. Quickly scrolling the notification window, I was shocked to see two messages from Jack, a message from Dorian and Ian, and a voicemail from mom. 

"Good lord." I sighed to myself and dropped back to bed, holding the phone above my face. I've decided to start with Ian's message as surely his text won't be as dramatic as those from Jack and Dorian. 

"I'm in town with Callum. There are pancakes in the fridge and a freshly squeezed orange juice on the kitchen counter. Dorian left those for you earlier and we didn't want to wake you. Ian xo"

So he was here after all? Feeling an uneasy swelling in my chest, I swallowed hard and scrolled down to read Jack's texts.