Chapter 13: Double Date, Part II

Rex

While watching the movie, which was more interesting than I thought, I looked over to Chase and Andrew. They were both holding hands and Andrew had his head laid on Chase's shoulder. I thought about how this could be me and Hiroshi in the future. Not scared of what other people have to say, holding hands in public, etc. Etc.

I went back to watching the movie. From the corner of my eye I saw Hiroshi hesitating, trying to lay his paw on top of mine. Eventually after some minutes of him hesitating, he did it. I immediately felt butterflies in my stomach. I turned my hand so my palm was facing his, and squeezed his paw a bit. I looked at him, he to me, and we both were blushing and smiling. I am so in love with him.

*** Chase's P.O.V.

After the movie we went outside, I mean, what else should we do? It was also really hot in there...

We approached my car and talked for a while. We (me a Andy) got to know Rex better. He liked psychologic stuff and also wants to become a psychologist. He's gay, but his parents don't care. At least he didn't had to go through something I had to.

He exchanged numbers with Andy and I got into my car, starting it. Andy quickly got in too, while I rolled my window down, saying them goodbye.

We left, me driving back home. Andy fell asleep halfway through the ride back.

When we arrived, I unbuckled his seatbelt and picked him up bridal style, trying to not wake him up. He's pretty heavy, not gonna lie.

I got into the apartment, put him on the bed carefully and went to shower first. I took my shirt off and looked at my 'wings'. They got bigger after a day. Seems like they grow pretty fast. What do I do when they're getting huge? How will I sleep then? Why do I have them in the first place?!

I showered and went to bed, seeing Andy there, hugging himself. It's pretty cute. I climbed onto the bed carefully, to not wake him up. While so, I snuggled into his arms, falling asleep with his face facing mine.

I slept like a baby. It was more comfortable laying on his chest than I expected, to be honest. He woke up soon after, chuckling by the sight of me laying on him. We haven't planned anything for the day, so we'll maybe go to the mall or so. I got up and went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast and Andy went to the bathroom to shower.

I was making the usual thing for breakfast: pancakes. Nothing special. After I was done cooking and put everything on the table, I went back to the bedroom to change into some clothes, because I was only in boxers.

After I did, I grabbed my phone to look who has messaged me. Nothing special until I saw an SMS from an unknown number. I opened it, reading the full message.

Hello son. I don't think you want to talk with me after I left, but I wanted to apologize. I want to talk with you. Please, let me explain everything to you. If you don't want to talk, just say it. But I want that you give me a second chance. How old are you now? 17 right? You're going to be 18 soon then. How fast the time flies. Anyway, please give a chance. I want to make up all the years I wasn't in your life. It's maybe too much to ask, but please, I'm begging you. Please let me explain everything and, maybe, get together again?

I froze. I know damn well who wrote that. It can't be my mother, nor my stepdad, none of them. It's...

My dad.

My biological father.

Why does he want to talk with me after leaving almost 10 years ago?

Didn't he say he hated my mother and that he doesn't want to do anything with me? Why now?

I started shaking. I don't know why, but one thought is the only thing I can think of right now. I sat down, so I don't fall down if anything happens. I try to remember how he looked like, but everything's a blur. The only thing I can see clearly is my mom, on the floor, crying her eyes out after he slammed the door shut. I could still hear the car racing away from the house. The tires screeching. The aura around us. My mom's cries. My failed attempts to comfort her. Her blaming everything that happened to me. My sleep paralysis'. My depression. My insecurity after this event.

I remember all of that too good. After some minutes of me just sitting there, eyes wide, frozen like a statue, Andy came in from the shower.

"Hey, what are you- are you okay?" He walked up to me, worriedly. I didn't say anything, just handed him the phone for him to read the message. As he read it, I payed down onto the bed and mumbled: "what does he want from me?"

"I-is that your dad? Like, biological one?" He looked at me with a sad face, frowning. I nodded, still processing everything.

I repeated myself: "what does he want from me? Why does he want to talk suddenly?"

"I don't know, Chase. I really don't know."

Then there was a moment silence and then Ryan calles us: "Andrew! Chase! We got mail from the school!" He didn't sound happy. Me neither. After a few seconds of silence again, I stood up, shoving the thoughts away and closing the SMS app. We both went down and saw Ryan stand next to the table, the pancakes already cold. He held the letter, reading it.

"What is it?" Andy asked. "You two got expelled from the school, because you both refused to go to the school for the past month. I can understand Chase, but why you, son? I thought you wanted to go to the university and get a nice job?" He sounded disappointed.

"I- uhm, yeah, I wanted to, but now? I don't know. I only wanted to go because of money, but I don't think it's a problem now." He looked at me, smiling a little. I smiled back, but soon after looking at Ryan, who sighed, sitting down to eat.

"Do what you want, I guess.."

I sat down next to Ryan, starting to eat. Andy sat down too, but haven't started eating yet. It seemed like he was thinking.

"Maybe.. maybe I want to go to college. I mean I still want to get a job that pays well, but I also want to get one because I do t want to always stay at home like a housewife. Could you.. enroll me in another school? Please, I won't disappoint you anymore."

After 2 long minutes of silence and tenseness, he agreed. "Fine. But this is the last time. If you want to go to college, then do something for it. Okay?"

"Yes, dad. Can we eat now?"

"Of course!" I exclaimed while munching on a pancake. He grabbed a few pancakes and the syrup and started digging in. I looks cute when he eats like that.

After breakfast I grabbed my laptop, opening google and searching for other schools nearby. We soon found one and Ryan already started calling the school, asking if he could go there, etc, etc. It was pretty hard for him to put him in there, because it was in the middle of the school year.. well.. kind of. School started a month ago, so yeah.

'Shy' Love (A Gay Furry Story)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara