Chapter 17: Birthday surprise

Andrew

It's my birthday soon!! I am really excited. I also am excited for college, because I'll soon go there. Anyway, Chase has been acting kind of weird these past days. Always on his phone or laptop, always calling somebody, and being distant. If I ask what is wrong or what he's doing, he either says "nothing" or "everything's fine". I am a bit worried that he is cheating on me..

Chase

*Morning of Andy's birthday*

I woke up before him, which Is good. Ryan also woke up a little later. We both started preparing everything, decorating the living room, waiting for the cake and his present to arrive, preparing the snack bar, etc. Hiroshi already came with Rex, both of them helping Ryan to make everything look perfect. I went to the front doors of the apartment building, waiting for his present to arrive. At first, the cake I ordered arrived. It's a rainbow lava cake, decorated with white fondant, strawberries and a colorful writing, saying: "WHAT?! That old already?! Anyway, happy birthday!" It was my idea, by the way.

I got into our apartment as quiet as possible, putting the cake down on the kitchen table. I then went out again, meeting ruby in the hallway. I told her to be quiet and she nodded.

I waited outside, for his present to arrive. I saw in the distance a semi truck with a trailer for cars, driving down the street. "There is iiiis~"

The semi stopped near me, and the guy who was driving it got out. I greeted him and we talked for a little. He the proceeded to drive the car out of the ramp it was on, and handed me the keys. The car is a Nissan GT-R Nismo in matte black and red drift stripes on the sides. It has bright red rims and the tires are from Yokohama. I said goodbye to the driver, and he drove away.

I parked the car next to mine and shut it off. I then unlocked my car, opening the trunk, grabbing the poster on which is written "happy birthday". I locked my car again and put the poster onto the engine hood. Then I went back to my apartment. Quietly.

"Is he still asleep?" I asked Ryan whispering. He nodded. I got into the bedroom, him still sleeping. Sleepyhead.

I

jumped on him, tickling his sides. He immediately woke up, laughing but also yelling to stop.

"Haha!.. Stoop hahaha!"

I got off him and also stopped tickling him.

"Happy birthday!" I yelled, giving him a kiss.

"Thank you.. I'm hungry, what's for breakfast?"

"It's almost 12 PM! It's almost lunchtime!" I exclaimed.

"Ugh, fine. Let me grab some clothes and I'll come soon."

I went to the others already prepared to jump scare him. He got out soon after and we all yelled "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

"WOAH! Oh my god.. you all remembered?"

"Well duh, of course! You're in our friend group!" None other than Ruby said.

"Let me grab the cake" I said, going to the kitchen, lighting the candles on the cake and going to him with it. When I was in Andy's sight, everyone started to sing the typical birthday song.

"Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday dear Andy
Happy birthday to you" at the end he blew out the candles and we cheered. We all sat down on the table, Andy slicing the cake open. He gasped as he saw that it's a lava cake. He loves lava cakes by the way.

"Thank you all so much!" He yelled out of excitement. We all got a piece of the cake, eating it peacefully and happily. I then remembered my 5th birthday where I also had a surprise birthday party like this one. Man, this were times. This is approximately 12-13 years ago. My birthday is in two months..

"Chase? You okay?" Rex asked.

"Hm? Yeah, yeah I am, sorry I was daydreaming." Then we ate in silence, when Andy broke it.

"Soo, what gift am I getting?" He is acting like a little child right now. Andy got a gift from Ruby, and from Hiroshi and Rex one. He unpacked Ruby's first. There is a Gift card worth $50 for Nordstrom. Pretty cool, I think. He then opened Hiroshi's and Rex's gift, revealing another gift card for Nordstrom.  We had a good laugh about it, and Andy didn't seem disappointed.

"Our present for you is in the garage. It's too big to get in here, so we left it there." I said. I told him to put on his shoes and I put a blindfold on him. We went down with the elevator, me leading the way afterwards. I waited for the others to arrive, and then removed the blindfold. His facial expression was priceless. At first shock, then a smile, then tears. He turned to me, jumping on me, wrapping his legs around my waist and crying into my chest.

"Thank you so much! I- I never thought I would get my dream car until decades later!" He sobbed into my chest. I rubbed his back, comforting him.

"Glad you like it. Wanna take a ride?" I asked him, the keys in my paw. He broke the embrace, wiping his tears away.

"Yes, please!" He grabbed the keys with such force I thought he'll rip my hand off my arm. He got in, pushing the "Engine on" button. The engine roars to life, him revving it a bit.

"This shits loud as hell" Hiroshi commented. We all agreed.

The rest of the day went by with Andy constantly driving, going to a Nordstrom shop. He got himself a nice grey suit, which was pretty expensive even though he had a $100 discount because of the gift cards. As long as he's happy, I am too.

In the evening we were throwing a party in my apartment, with no alcohol. I didn't want to get drunk and neither I wanted everyone else to be. Gladly, they were cool with that.

At the end of the day, everyone went home and me and Andy had a little 'fun' (you know what I mean). He topped this time. Who knew he would be this dominant?