6- A Devil

            "Damn, easy" Imani gruffed as he was held against the wall and frisked for anything and everything in his pockets.

"You know the drill Imani, security here is tight, no weapons of any kind" the burly security guard stated with a tone that couldn't be more understanding. It was obvious that he knew Imani but it didn't stop the rent-a-cops  from grabbing him like they were the police.

" A four inch blade is legal" Imani spat in frustration.

"Not on West Bridge grounds they're not, you know this-"

"I forgot I had it on me alright, chill"

"This is a awful lot of money for someone going to a ceremony to have on them" one of the guards fanned the bills in my face.

"I was taught to keep money on me, always"

The guard scowled disapproving my answer.

"So was I but-"

"He's a Lombardi" Imani interjected as the guard let him off the wall

The guards stern expressions fell and they nodded understandingly.

"Oh, my mistake"

"Sorry about that, enjoy the graduation"

I smiled to myself as my money was placed back in my hand. I was a Lombardi and that meant two things, One I had money and Two you should be very scared.

Soon Imani and Aaron gathered their things we headed down a nearby hallway. This school was eerily different from Riverway, cleaner and more tucked away than any school I ever been inside of. For security measures I was sure it was intentional but the fact that we weren't escorted around the property.

Meant something completely different.

    I heard a lot about West Bridge and I always thought it was some posh private school for the entitled and sheltered. But as we came across a handful of guys sporting varsity jackets I was proved wrong.

"What the fuck you looking at? You got a problem?"

They wanted a fight and I was more than willing to give it to em but as my pace slowed Imani pushed me forward.

"Ignore them bitches bro, "

" What'd you say?"

Imani turned towards them. " I called you a bitch, what you gonna do about it?"

" I know you didn't come all this way just to pick a fight Imani" a security guard barked cockily as he walked towards us.

"Of course not I'm just hanging until everyone is released from classes so I can head to the ceremony with my cousin"

The security guard pondered the thought for a moment before nodding and directing his gaze to varsity players.

" Get your asses to class" a security guard barked impatiently before continuing his patrol. The guys hesitated for a moment before walking off.